Question Should you overfill lp tanks without a + stamp?

Should you overfill lp tanks without a + stamp?

• Pump Em Up!

Votes: 47 63.5%
  • Slightly Pumped (>3k)

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Never over working pressure!

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Pay for another hydro to get the + stamp

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't overfill, but remember someone I knew who posted on FB a picture of his spg showing 3800 psi on an LP tank. Way to invalidate any dive insurance bud!
That’s not how this works, that’s not how any of this works. Lol

I love when people start saying “insurance won’t pay”. Insurance will always pay if it’s not specifically excluded in the contract.

Left sitting in the Cuban heat for 4 months 1/4 full of salt water.
I think that would fall under "grossly mishandled"?

Running a tank dry will allow water in via the neck o-ring. Some people around here do this religiously and the tanks get so rusted no amount of tumbling will save them.

Still probably an example of grossly mishandling the tank.

At this point you might as well walk to the B-29, way safer than diving too!

Apparently no way to do the dive these days the nearest workable ramp is at the dam itself.

I remember that post, so that was you. Endangered he entire boat.

Yep, almost blew the boat out of the water.

Running a tank dry will allow water in via the neck o-ring. Some people around here do this religiously and the tanks get so rusted no amount of tumbling will save them.

Still probably an example of grossly mishandling the tank.
So that neck Oring will hold 4000 psi inside the tank, but won't keep 30 psi out?

What happens is the reg gets loose when the tank is empty and water will creep around the regulator connection and the tank valve is left open.

Apparently no way to do the dive these days the nearest workable ramp is at the dam itself.

Yep, almost blew the boat out of the water.
I remember reading about it. I was terrified for the poor souls on board.

So that neck Oring will hold 4000 psi inside the tank, but won't keep 30 psi out?

What happens is the reg gets loose when the tank is empty and water will creep around the regulator connection and the tank valve is left open.

Damn I had no idea that's what was actually allowing the water in, learn something new everyday!

Does din vs yoke make a difference on water creeping around the reg connection?

Damn I had no idea that's what was actually allowing the water in, learn something new everyday!

Does din vs yoke make a difference on water creeping around the reg connection?
Not sure... but not running a tank to 0 makes a HUGE difference

Reactions: L13
Not sure... but not running a tank to 0 makes a HUGE difference

Not something I personally do, just heard stories of people with those habits not having tanks last the first hydro before they start failing VIPs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom