Yet another LP85 vs HP100 doubles question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@divezonescuba - you rock those Wet'n Wild valve knobs, Chris!

Wait...are those the Peach Smash knobs?

1640910894660.png

Just in case anyone reads this thread in the future, I did end up going with HP100's last year. Very happy that I did, but they are heavier! Some of the additional weight is the steel, but a lot is also the additional gas :eyebrow:

I make up for the steel with a CF backplate (saves over 4lbs compared to my SS plate and yes I feel that!) and the gas.... well, it's a nice problem to have.

Here's the setup BPW/tanks, if anyone is curious.
1645241231681.png

Is the wing on backwards? Why is the inflator on the front and on the right side?
Just in case anyone reads this thread in the future, I did end up going with HP100's last year. Very happy that I did, but they are heavier! Some of the additional weight is the steel, but a lot is also the additional gas :eyebrow:

I make up for the steel with a CF backplate (saves over 4lbs compared to my SS plate and yes I feel that!) and the gas.... well, it's a nice problem to have.

Here's the setup BPW/tanks, if anyone is curious.
View attachment 707984

Is the wing on backwards? Why is the inflator on the front and on the right side?
Looks like it is the dual-bladder version of the wing. The inflator hose that you see on the (picture) left is the backup. The primary inflator hose is likely out of site on the back of the wing. Note the primary bladder dump at the bottom (picture) right.

It looks like OP got his 100s and is happy with them. I have LP85s and LP72s and love them both. However, the world revolves around 7.25 inch and 8.0 inch tanks, so if you get anything else, make sure that someone that knows what they are doing checks that you have the right bands and that they are adjusted properly.

I'll stay with my 50's.

I'm getting ready to take apart my double 100's and sell the bands and manifold.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom