Seac Rock Boots - lacing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know when people tryndry their suits upside down the moisture has little chance to evaporate
But anyway damp at the start of tomorrows dive soon gets equalised with tomorrows perspiration

With lots of walking, my feet are the only things that start poking holes through boots after a time.

But not so easy to dry the inside. Also if anything goes thru the boot you have an expensive repair.
I've flooded a suit (close the stupid zipper) got out of the water, poured the water out of the boot. Shoved a towel in there, soaked up a lot, second dry towel, let it sit 15 minutes, it was dry enough. Considering the condensation you will get naturally after a few minutes in cold water. So I am calling BS on the drying argument. The convenience of attached boots outweighs the slight effort it takes to dry the suit.

Why would a hole in an attached boot be expensive? Looks like it would be an easier fix than a hole in a knee or anyplace else. Clean, a little aquaseal, go dive. Not like you are trying to fix a leak in a Fusion suit.

I had another dive recently and making sure that the laces are wet is fantastic advice. I could barely make a knot in them after wrapping them around the back when dry but once wet I had a couple of centimetres (an inch or so) more on each end. So it was much easier to make a know. Now I just have to work out a convenient way to soak them before going into the water.

One thing I learned early on with lace up rock boots is to get them wet before lacing up.

Dry laces will come loose once they get wet during the first dive, and even with wet laces I normally have to re-tighten them prior to my second dive and subsequent dives.

Now I just have to work out a convenient way to soak them before going into the water.

Dip them in the water you are going to dive in :D

Normally I wet mine in the marina with a hose when wetting the straps that hold my tank to the BP/W

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom