Scubapro G250 poppet assemby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob, just to make sure we are on the same page. The lever I'm referring to is the one in the middle shown in your pictures. I've not (but will some time) experimented with the 555 lever (on the right.) Of course, the lever on the left is the standard 109/BA/G250 lever.

My thinking is this: with the new S-wing poppet, a new lever was designed. The lever must interface with the poppet correctly regardless of the barrel it's in.

I agree, and yes, it's the middle lever.
These levers are those Japanese aftermarket levers, sold as Scubapro A, B and C versions.
It's possible that there's a difference in the angle of the feet from the original Scubapro. I have an email in to Rene Dupre to ask about curly levers and G250's.

To get back to the original purpose of the thread, I've located a bit of info that I'll try to summarize and include later tonight.

But to add one more wrinkle, there were two different inlet tube numbers over the years! I'm hoping that one schematic was a typo by Scubapro, bc that inlet tube part number disappeared. I asked Rene about that too.

These levers are those Japanese aftermarket levers
I have some of those but not knowing they were aftermarket they are mixed in with my originals.....Learn something every day.
I have an email in to Rene Dupre to ask about curly levers and G250's.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to the reply.

I have some of those but not knowing they were aftermarket they are mixed in with my originals.....Learn something every day.

I'm ordering one of each from my supplier. Will post pics and measurements.

Given what I'm seeing regarding schematics of G250's with curly foot levers and early white balanced poppets, I may need to reconsider my stance on lever height.
The levers I posted pics of earlier were Japanese imports that I thought were Scubapro Japan. But in retrospect, being labeled Scubapro versions A, B and C, I now think they're aftermarket.

I'll post comparisons of the levers I posted pics of, and the true Scubapro levers that I've ordered, if they're still in stock.

If the angle of the feet of the actual Scubapro curly foot .141 levers matches the old 109 style, then the lever height issue is moot. Stand by...

Last edited:
I need to find somebody who can order me a few Scubapro parts. Is there anybody on this board who can do it? I can be discrete and I can also provide a copy of my old certificate where I took the service tech course years ago.

I broke one of the knurled plastic rings, the kind that match the specialty hose tool. The ones you find on the R-380 and R-390 and the G-250HP, G-500 etc Fortunately, I had a spare. I also want to order some Plastic lp orifices for the later G-250 et al. That and a few other odds and ends to fill out my parts bin. I can provide all necessary part numbers.

I will gladly pay a worthy price for this service.

Okay, folks! I've gone through as much as I can stand tonight on the poppet and lever evolution. Attached to this post is an Excel spreadsheet which references Schematics and Service Bulletins. Most are available on Bryan's VDH site in electronic format. I'm scanning those I can't find on VDH and will send them to Bryan. I can scan and send to others of you that are interested.

April '85 - The conversion kit comes out to shift from the Adjustable 109 to the Balanced Adjustable
I can't find a BA schematic earlier than 1988 that shows the Blue balanced poppet - HELP!
Jul '88 Bal Adj schematic, Revision B shows the Duro poppet and the Blue balanced configs on same schematic
The lever is the original square foot 11.109.105
Jul '88 G250 schematic, Revision A shows Blue Balanced poppet and 109 lever; Inlet Tube is 11.250.102
Sep '94 G250 schematic, Revision D shows Blue Balanced poppet, 109 lever, BUT a new inlet tube 11.200.102. Typo????
(I have an e-mail in to Rene Dupre on this)
May '97 G500 schematic introduces the one-o-ring white balanced poppet with a sleeved plastic barrel and the curly lever 11.250.141. This is the first case of the curly foot lever I can find, and first instance of the white balanced poppet
Dec '97 G200B schematic shows Blue Balanced poppet and old 109 lever; need an earlier G200B schematic, as the G200B balance kit is referenced in Dec '97
Jun '98 G250 schematic shows introduction of EU version with first notation of curly lever 11.250.141 in G250. Also introduces white 1-o-ring balanced poppet to the G250; this curly lever and poppet are in an unmodifed barrel 11.250.102 UNLESS they changed the design but kept the part number. Schematic doesn't make housing look different.

And on and on and on...
Lots more incremental changes, like the S-wing poppet in 1999, the G250HP Crystal using an S600 barrel, and more housing changes, etc., etc.
Will update this spreadsheet as I have the energy to go through more schematics.

Attachments

• LeverAndPoppetComparison_109ToA700.xlsx
    12.2 KB · Views: 125
Okay, folks! I've gone through as much as I can stand tonight on the poppet and lever evolution. Attached to this post is an Excel spreadsheet which references Schematics and Service Bulletins. Most are available on Bryan's VDH site in electronic format. I'm scanning those I can't find on VDH and will send them to Bryan. I can scan and send to others of you that are interested.

April '85 - The conversion kit comes out to shift from the Adjustable 109 to the Balanced Adjustable
I can't find a BA schematic earlier than 1988 that shows the Blue balanced poppet - HELP!
Jul '88 Bal Adj schematic, Revision B shows the Duro poppet and the Blue balanced configs on same schematic
The lever is the original square foot 11.109.105
Jul '88 G250 schematic, Revision A shows Blue Balanced poppet and 109 lever; Inlet Tube is 11.250.102
Sep '94 G250 schematic, Revision D shows Blue Balanced poppet, 109 lever, BUT a new inlet tube 11.200.102. Typo????
(I have an e-mail in to Rene Dupre on this)
May '97 G500 schematic introduces the one-o-ring white balanced poppet with a sleeved plastic barrel and the curly lever 11.250.141. This is the first case of the curly foot lever I can find, and first instance of the white balanced poppet
Dec '97 G200B schematic shows Blue Balanced poppet and old 109 lever; need an earlier G200B schematic, as the G200B balance kit is referenced in Dec '97
Jun '98 G250 schematic shows introduction of EU version with first notation of curly lever 11.250.141 in G250. Also introduces white 1-o-ring balanced poppet to the G250; this curly lever and poppet are in an unmodifed barrel 11.250.102 UNLESS they changed the design but kept the part number. Schematic doesn't make housing look different.

And on and on and on...
Lots more incremental changes, like the S-wing poppet in 1999, the G250HP Crystal using an S600 barrel, and more housing changes, etc., etc.
Will update this spreadsheet as I have the energy to go through more schematics.

Thanks Rob. The plot thickens. All this could well explain the inconsistencies, in that sometimes certain levers work but in others they don't of the same model.

Last edited:
I need to find somebody who can order me a few Scubapro parts. Is there anybody on this board who can do it? I can be discrete and I can also provide a copy of my old certificate where I took the service tech course years ago.

I broke one of the knurled plastic rings, the kind that match the specialty hose tool. The ones you find on the R-380 and R-390 and the G-250HP, G-500 etc Fortunately, I had a spare. I also want to order some Plastic lp orifices for the later G-250 et al. That and a few other odds and ends to fill out my parts bin. I can provide all necessary part numbers.

I will gladly pay a worthy price for this service.

Why do you want the plastic LP orifices as opposed to the metal ones? Cheers?

Thanks Rob for the huge amount of work you put into this.
Jun '98 G250 schematic shows introduction of EU version with first notation of curly lever 11.250.141 in G250. Also introduces white 1-o-ring balanced poppet to the G250; this curly lever and poppet are in an unmodifed barrel 11.250.102
THIS is what I've been looking for.....it is good news to be sure.

UNLESS they changed the design but kept the part number.

This could be a complication, however when a design change is made without a part number change, then USUALLY it is at least one way interchangeable with the part it replaces.

Were the unbalanced poppets referred to as "Duro Poppets" back then? I thought that term came into use with the replaceable soft seat.

Jul 88 is the earliest BA schematic I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom