Scubapro G250 poppet assemby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had no idea there were aftermarket levers, who is making those? Anyone we know?
Scubapro Demand Lever Part Type"B" for BAL.ADJ.(EU)/G500(EU)/G250HP etc. New | eBay

There might also be something to the curved surface more smoothly moving the poppet as the angles change
I believe you have it there. Again, if you hold a poppet upside down and hang a lever from it, you can compare how the different levers interface with the poppet feet.

I find this a bit confusing. In the past, I compared the schematics between a G-500 and an S-600 and the part numbers are identical. The only difference I remember is the covers. Did Scubapro change the part when it switched from a plastic to a metal air barrel in the S-600?

No bending necessary. I have interesting (to me anyway) and encouraging news. I ran a few experiments using the same regulator body, s-wing poppet, spring, orifice, etc. with the only difference being the levers. I used the original SP lever, then the SP curly foot lever, finally the aftermarket lever. THEY ALL worked just fine!

At first I had my doubts about the aftermarket as it "looks" odd and high, but that is mostly an illusion. Here are a few pix. The last one pretty much says it all, it is the aftermarket lever after tuning, with the cover in place etc. BTW I believe after the diaphragm, rubber & metal covers, and band clamps are installed, if it takes more that a very slight adjustment something is wrong. I did not have that issue with any of the levers.

The first three pictures are each of the levers covered by the diaphragm. Original, then SP curly foot, then aftermarket. Each picture was taken before tuning. Next are pictures after tuning. (Missing is the a picture of the original lever after tuning, but we all know what that looks like.) Note the pictures show the diaphragm skirt mates all the way around the body with no gap. The last picture shows the cracking effort of the BA with an aftermarket lever after the covers and clamps are installed.

Awesome, thanks Robert. Don't suppose you'd be willing to do the same experiment with a G250? Cheers.

No bending necessary. I have interesting (to me anyway) and encouraging news. I ran a few experiments using the same regulator body, s-wing poppet, spring, orifice, etc. with the only difference being the levers. I used the original SP lever, then the SP curly foot lever, finally the aftermarket lever. THEY ALL worked just fine!.

Yet I have 109>156 stages that exhibit the "clock -> woosh" phenomenon no matter how I tweak the orifice adjustment...

:banghead: :mad: :confused: :shakehead:

Yet I have 109>156 stages that exhibit the "clock -> woosh" phenomenon no matter how I tweak the orifice adjustment...

:banghead: :mad: :confused: :shakehead:

I have found a few cases where there is a bit of wear in the corner of the square holes in the air barrel. This really screws up the lever movement. I cleaned it up with a small square file and it worked much better.

You might have your legs spread too far. :) Sometimes, the lever's legs are slightly further apart than the original. If you hold a poppet upside down and hang the lever from it (basically turning the system over) you can see how much to close the legs. Of course you want to put the bend as close to where they already make a right angle as possible. .....and you have to hold your mouth right.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks Robert. Don't suppose you'd be willing to do the same experiment with a G250? Cheers.

Same orifice, spring, balance chamber, poppet, lever, adjustment knob, and diaphragm. I don't see how it would be any different.

I have had the same experience in a couple of cases using the old G250 style lever. I replaced the lever with a new one that looked identical to the eye and it fixed the problem. I assumed the levers were slightly bent but that same lever would work fine in another regulator. Probably a combination of slight variance in the levers and in the square hole in the air barrel as halocline mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom