Scubapro G250 can't be serviced??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I no longer work on 250’s but I recall one every so often that would do the slip off thing, I would usually switch the lever but never noted which I used since it so rarely happened.

I wonder if it was because those particular levers were bent in some way? I must've converted more than 30 or so and have never experienced this...

I wonder if it was because those particular levers were bent in some way? I must've converted more than 30 or so and have never experienced this...
It was probably my assumption at the time, never liked the curly feet levers for this, I’ve memory serves they made lever height hard to set but I could be wrong??

This old thread looks to be relevant.

This too: seems either lever will be ok.

It was probably my assumption at the time, never liked the curly feet levers for this, I’ve memory serves they made lever height hard to set but I could be wrong??
I only had one curly feet lever and found the legs would stay bent out once snapped over the barrel and were hard to bend back into correct position so the lever was too loose. I found the old levers stiffer and they would always spring back to original position once popped onto the barrel without issues. It’s only 1 curly foot lever but I didn’t bother trying to get more since the old ones work great seemingly.

I recently converted 6 G250s in total over the past 2 weeks. 4 using old levers and two using .141 curly feet levers. I had tuning trouble with only one and it was curly feet one. Cracking was higher using curly feet lever. Easier to get lower, see posted photo above, with original levers IME.

I don’t remember if there is a bulletin. I do remember being told to replace the components during a service clinic several years ago. It was also covered again in an update clinic I just took.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom