Scubapro G250 can't be serviced??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Cheers.
Happened to me on a 109 converted to BA, when I replaced the good old two-parts grey poppet with the newer one-piece S-wing white poppet.
Luckily this happened outside water.
I immediately switched back to the old poppet, replacing the seat (which was retained by a metal pin) and the O-ring.
I learned the lesson: the new S-wing poppet REQUIRES the new lever with larger feet (which is not necessarily curvy - I have a couple of levers with large feet which are flat, not curvy, and they work well with the S-wing poppet).

There seems to be some confusion, maybe only on my part, but this issue seems only when converting 109/156 and is not an issue when converting G250s?

Coincidentally it did happen to me yesterday with a G250 but that was because the lever feet had been noticeably bent out, I put in a non bent lever and all was good.

Am I mistaken? Are people saying they've encountered this with G250s?

Happened to me on a 109 converted to BA, when I replaced the good old two-parts grey poppet with the newer one-piece S-wing white poppet.
Luckily this happened outside water.
I immediately switched back to the old poppet, replacing the seat (which was retained by a metal pin) and the O-ring.
I learned the lesson: the new S-wing poppet REQUIRES the new lever with larger feet (which is not necessarily curvy - I have a couple of levers with large feet which are flat, not curvy, and they work well with the S-wing poppet).

There are 3 levers, 2 non curly feet ones, which are you talking about? Thanks

6B8AEE01-EC7B-4228-B945-EA330F4D46F4.jpeg

I'm mostly using middle ones in G250s without issue.

So it seems the lever in far right is the culprit?
I think the bulletin showed the middle one with the smaller feet being incompatible with new poppets.

I don’t remember if there is a bulletin. I do remember being told to replace the components during a service clinic several years ago. It was also covered again in an update clinic I just took.

So they said if converting a G250 you must use only curly feet lever .141? What diaphragm do they expect you to use? Cheers

So they said if converting a G250 you must use curly feet lever .141? What diaphragm do they expect you to use? Cheers
No, the bulletin said don’t use the smaller foot lever with “one-piece” poppets. I’m not sure the curly foot lever was even around at that time. I’m including the bulletin again below, it’s not 100% clear in my opinion (it’s for the S500 and I couldn’t find one for the G250, it does not included part numbers or a side view of the levers so you can’t visually tell if the other end has curly feet or not) but that’s the conclusion I’m drawing from it. Hopefully some of the usual SP experts can clarify.
1653180402232.jpeg

E
I think the bulletin showed the middle one with the smaller feet being incompatible with new poppets.
Exactly. I had the problem on a old 109 equipped with the middle lever, with small feet.

Back
Top Bottom