Scubapro G250 can't be serviced??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FTR of late when I rebuild and update G250s I have most consistent results right off the bat if I tidy up orifice, use a new spring and long crown bc which results in an easy 1" cracking.

I'll stop now.

(It's as much for me as anyone else, I need to keep it straight in my mind)

Assuming we are referring to the curly feet lever .141 I've found for the most part this is not necessary although can make cracking on the low side. I'm talking with G250 only, IME converting a 109/156 changing to .141 lever is required or tuning gets wonky.
For the “most part” is what I used to say until I found out why SP wants the lever changed. Several years ago I didn’t change the lever sent the reg out for a dive. During the dive the lever slipped from the poppet shoulders and laid flat, not giving the diver any air. I spoke with a couple of people outside of SP and three people within SP and all reinforced that the lever, the diaphragm, spring, and balance chamber need to be replaced when changing over to the s-poppet. In my notes on the schematics it is written in red reminding me not to forget to change out any components when changing to the the newer poppet. I will no longer take the chance nor use the words “for the most part”, especially when it comes to dealing with customers, students, acquaintances, family, or friends. I learned my lesson.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom