SCUBA Trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went overboard with this one... I bought a 8x10 enclosed double axle trailer and installed tank racks in it with a place to hang all my wet gear. Then, I thought that I should get a compressor, the storage tanks, then a haskel, so on and so forth... Now, I have more gear than most dive shops and can run a whole group of divers out of the thing. Like I said before... I went overboard!

AGUnderwater:
Now, I have more gear than most dive shops and can run a whole group of divers out of the thing. Like I said before... I went overboard!
WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND? :07: Seriously, that sounds like a nice set up. What area do you dive (It'd be nice if you added, state/prov/country to your profile). My biggest limitation (after budget) was the vehicle I tow with. Have to keep the whole rig under a thousand pounds.

We have a 6 bottle cascade with a 10 hp compressor.
the trailer is 6x12 enclosed, should be done shortly.
Fred

Hi all,

I've been reading these trailer posts and had to share my idea. I have a big insulated box van (7x17 box). The truck has a Gross vehicle weight of 26,000 lbs. Looks like an old version of an Isuzu delivery truck.

Anyhow, I was kicking around the idea of converting it to a dive truck. I was thinking shower and all so it would double as a place to shower and offer bunks to sleep on too.

Is this crazy?

DrDuktayp

AGUnderwater:
I went overboard with this one... I bought a 8x10 enclosed double axle trailer and installed tank racks in it with a place to hang all my wet gear. Then, I thought that I should get a compressor, the storage tanks, then a haskel, so on and so forth... Now, I have more gear than most dive shops and can run a whole group of divers out of the thing. Like I said before... I went overboard!

I want to see pictures! Please.

I have a 8' x 16' Wells Cargo tandem axle that I am converting into a mobile adventure command center and am always looking for ideas.

Trailer picture

This thread hasn't been active. Everyone must be diving or working on their trailer projects?

I am going to start working on utilizing an old insulated milk truck for a dive rig. It is being retired from moving flooring goods.

I hope to
1. Carry gear to and from site
2. Provide area for surface interval in cold/wet weather
(It rains here...A LOT!)
3. Have heat, hot and cold water, and a stove & oven
4. Have a double dipper wash sink
5. Plenty of fresh water tanks
6. Seating/eating area
7. Small head with shower

Basically it'll be a boat on wheels. Any suggestions on items to include that I missed?

DrDuktayp

DrDuktayp:
I am going to start working on utilizing an old insulated milk truck for a dive rig. Basically it'll be a boat on wheels. Any suggestions on items to include that I missed?
A couple of bunks for those overnight trips?

DrDuktayp:
Sheesh, what an oversight.
That's why we ask questions. :wink: What seems obvious to one person, completely escapes another. I'd love to have the $$ to do a dive van/truck. The thought has crossed my mind. We're currently in planning for dive trailer MKII. Need to upscale the primary towing vehicle first. MKII will be quite a bit larger, and some of the features you listed. Primary aming them is room inside to change (not necessarily seating for SI) and a head. We're not planning large enough to sleep in. One issue if we did is a local bylaw that prohibits storage of recreational equipment designed to provide temporary accomadation in residential areas between Nov 1 and April 30. Thus if it has sleeping accomodations, I gotta find somewhere else to store it. Especially a pain if you wanta go dive, and you have to get it out of and back into a storage lot somewhere.

The university I go to uses an old step van rescued from the local airforce base. We used to have a compressor in there, too. We can carry a s**tload of tanks, gear for whole classes and a barbecue for afterwards has been snuck in before.

Soon I'll get out of college and hopefully I will be able afford more toys so I'll need a trailer. but for now my lil hyundai works for my gear and a few tanks. I could probably carry 2 people + gear but I haven't had the need to yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom