SCUBA Trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs. Groundhog here - the two things that I would really love to see in / with a trailer - Port-a-potti - and a change room! The trailer has been a godsend, with three of us diving (soon to be four) we still have to get a mini-van or truck of some kind. My poor little Hyundai just wasn't meant for this kind of thing.... I know most guys don't mind us girls changing out in the open, in the backseat of the car/van/truck, etc.... :mean: but there are times when the facilities (if there are any) are rather primative, and trying to change with a 15 year old and 12 year old (both boys) at the dive site with me is challenging at times... not to mention the washroom thing....:drain:

I am sure more changes are coming to the trailer, would running water, hot showers, a flush toilet, and a lovely change room be too much to ask? :D I guess maybe a little bit.

Divebabe

If you look to the left hand side of the trailer you will see a Blue Curtain which is then strung across to the opposite side, Close the front door, latch it, and you are in privacy.

Sorry no Hot water and Flush Potty.. trailer aint big enough

I am thing of converting my trailer to a moble work/dive shop, but
would consider selling it if someone wanted to do the job.

It was a beavertail equipment trailer that I built a box on. The box is a little more than 6' tall (at the front, more at the rear), a little more than 6' wide and 20' long. Tandem axles are Dexter 6k with electric brakes. The whole rig is build for a 10,000 lb GVRW.

Now all I need is the money/time to do the conversion job.:eek:ut:

I'll just put all of my gear inside my mom's mobile home, tear down the underpinning (we always leave the wheels on in Kentucky for quick get-aways) and just take off... I guarantee, nobody will break into it. The whole darn thing only cost $85 brand new! mmm... if I can only figure out what to do with the ol'e hound dog sleeping under the porch........:wink:

...what to do when your dive gear cost more that your permanent residence?

I keep my dive gear on my boat, it is just too easy to go diving that way. I do have another hobby and thats blacksmithing, I wanted a shop of my own that I could move around to fairs and the like and I also considered the theft thing. There is a lot of money in my blacksmith trailer in tools and the like so I decided to use an old all steel horse trailer. Its totally secure with steel doors and walls, its ugly as hell as it has a bit of rust and a number of dents but the good part is nobody, and I mean nobody wants an old steel horse trailer so its really safe when its parked with the doors shut. It cost me like 600 bucks to buy off a ranch with good tires and brakes. Just a thought.
Bill

Those homemade trailers are the greatest guy's. As far as the Comercial one's well... how do you say cost way to much $$$$$$$. Oh well we can alway's dream. The Saint.

Scubadawg,

Great pics. How long is it? We (my department) are currently looking at options. We currently transport all gear in dive boxes in our boat. We are considering a trailer set up almost identical to yours. Or we also are looking at a box/step van. Advantages of a truck/van are that we can pull our boat. I guess we could pull the trailer behind the Excursion, and the boat behind the trailer.

Do you have any "wish we would have done this" to share?

guys, you want a toilet? Just make a quick curtain now.

http://www.moderntradingpost.com/bumper_dumper/

This is a great thread, just reading through. My poor civic is having a hard time towing me and my buddy's gear back and forth from the dive site. Plus, it'd be nice to keep that saltwater out of my car.

firediver293:
Scubadawg,

Great pics. How long is it? We (my department) are currently looking at options. We currently transport all gear in dive boxes in our boat. We are considering a trailer set up almost identical to yours. Or we also are looking at a box/step van. Advantages of a truck/van are that we can pull our boat. I guess we could pull the trailer behind the Excursion, and the boat behind the trailer.

Do you have any "wish we would have done this" to share?

Let me put some numbers togehter and ill let you know, we just added a 4 bottle cascade system, flourecent lights in the celing and electrical hook up's on th inside with a portable heater for the cold mornings, plus have added two tripod flood lights for lighting up the scene. il get some newer pictures and send them to you , the idea of a box van was nice but if the motor goes so does you dive trailer we pull our with our choice of three different Dodge 360CUI 4x4's but are looking into a Suburban 4x4.... so we can haul more people...

Scubaddawg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom