Scuba Sciences Regulator Repair Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap:
I don't remember anything about a pig posse but I do recall their contribution to a thread on DIY reg servicing. If I recall, the contribution basically said that divers who service their own regs are stupid and will screw it up and kill themselves. I guess they were trying to discourage the competition.:D

Dictionary:

Ironic (i*ron*ik): See Awap's Post and read the OP .... :wink:

scubatimmay:
We have been here all the time.Me and the pig posse as you guys called it.We just don't post on here all the time.Sorry,between the 12 hour job and everything else going on.So let's be fair on our comments.Be fair.Or do we need to post every day?Who really knows?Thanks..............Timmay

Noone every called it the pig posse. It was the SS posse. You don't need to post every day. It would just be nice to see interaction other than that of defending SS.

scubajcf:
Scubajcf has left Switzerland.

Welcome to France!

awap:
I don't remember anything about a pig posse but I do recall their contribution to a thread on DIY reg servicing. If I recall, the contribution basically said that divers who service their own regs are stupid and will screw it up and kill themselves. I guess they were trying to discourage the competition.

Don't forget that certifying divers in the lake is dangerous. Only the ocean is safe.

Paul, Tina, and the rest of the SS posse, I don't think anyone has pointed fingers at your service department. S%&* happens. Whether it was your service department or a freak incident. It happened. Your response to the situation is what brought this thread to life. Your continued defensive mode is what keeps it alive. You didn't get it a few months ago and you still don't seem to get it. I think you'd all be better off not posting to these threads. It's not good advertising for you.

shark.byte.usa:
I loost power in my neighborhood, it is unbelievably hard to read SB on my phone, but apparently doable :D

You have a problem... :D There's a thread called ScubaBoardists Anonymous that's active right now. Maybe you should visit it.... :wink:

I've read this entire thing. I smell a lawyer's advice in SS's replies.
"Make it up to him, but whatever you do, don't admit it could be your fault."
Hey SS - that's bad advice!
E

scubapig52:
Our Tech , teaches the class after 25 years who would be better !:mooner:

I am trying to figure this thread out.

1. The OP was in reference to an incident with a regulator that was recently serviced ScubaPig52 and Scuba Sciences LDS. He posted his opinion of the incident and what he was looking for from the shop.

2. Scuba Sciences replied disclaiming the entire incident

3. Many SBers from AZ and all around the world voiced their opinion with the majority (not all) saying that the disclaiming reply was a bit soft.

4. Scuba Sciences makes an offer which the OP says he will consider. Things seem to be coming to an end.

5. Scubapig comes on to use the thread as a promotional tool for his classes and shakes his finger :no to the thread and all the users like the incident could have been avoided by taking his 58 hour class. Not only does that not make sense it is a bit arrogant.

6. The thread becomes active again.

7. Scubapig posts another reply (in reaction) to the activity and MOONS the thread. :mooner:

Paul, you should seriously consider hiring a PR consultant. You would have been better off saying nothing. In my opinion, you turned a bad situation, where a lot people were giving your shop the benefit of the doubt, worse. As far as I am concerned, you have insulted an entire community of local divers.
jcf

PS - this ain't France, baby!

scubapig52:
Our Tech , teaches the class after 25 years who would be better !:mooner:

Maybe Mr. Just. I believe his brief experience has taught him the importance of giving all connections a last check before putting the regulator to use. It looks like your tech missed that lesson.:shakehead

Back
Top Bottom