Scuba Sciences Regulator Repair Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapig52:
You stuck you foot in your own mouth...Our Tech , teaches the class after 25 years who would be better !:mooner:

I....can't.....believe this...

Even with all the criticism, you seem to have a cavalier, “did nothing wrong” attitude. Ok, lets ASSUME that the reg problem wasn’t your fault, for the moment. Do you really thing your posts and mooning, finger-shaking and attitude improved your position and makes divers (read: customers) feel comfortable doing business with your shop? And a "Our tech is the best" comment? Well, he either 1) left part of the lesson plan out, 2) forgot to include it or 3) it isn't in the class to begin with.

Help us understand. I'm with scubajcf...I'm trying to figure this whole thing out.

And yes, it is concerning. Look, here's the truth-The scuba community in PHX is a small world. Word gets around, fast. And yet, you don't seem to care.

I'm left wondering who's foot is in who's mouth....

:rofl3:

Darin

scubajcf:
7. Scubapig posts another reply (in reaction) to the activity and MOONS the thread. :mooner:

I didn't interpret it that way at all. I assumed he was just trying to make it perfectly clear that he didn't mind showing his.... :coffee:

Your wrong I do care , we do everything for our customers "read the posts "...and the replays from us .

scubapig52:
Your(sic) wrong I do care , we do everything for our customers "read the posts "...and the replays from us .
So, are you changing anything about the way you check outgoing regs that you've worked on?
I am. Instead of relying on the "torque as I go" during reassembly followed by a final leak & performance check, I'm adding a "once around the regulator" torque check to the final leak check.
Rick

Dive-aholic:
Unfortunately, the LDS has a track history in the AZ Scuba forum. Several months ago Tina and several other Scuba Sciences employees and customers joined the Board all within a couple of weeks of each other after another thread was started about their customer service. (BTW, let's leave that thread dead, please!) After a few weeks most of those new members disappeared from the Board. To her credit, Tina has been on the Board on a regular basis and contributes to other threads. From the AZ perspective, the issue here isn't so much what happened with the reg. Yes, s*&% happens...to everyone. I believe the issue is more how this was dealt with when the OP approached them and by the response in this thread.

Most of us have not "disappeared" from the forum. I personally don't feel the need to post all the time(and I know others that feel the same way). I don't enjoy diving the lakes here, so I don't contribute to the posts that tell me the lake is up 5 feet and down 2 degrees from last week.

As for this particular thread, it is a no-win situation. I won't come on here and hammer the store that has taught me so much and done many things above and beyond the call of duty. And, if I come here in defense of Scuba Sciences, then I am a "Johnny come lately", who is only here to post when the store needs defending.

I read the forum on a regular basis and post very rarely. I will only post if I have something to offer to the thread.

:popcorn:Rob

avoidthebends:
I don't enjoy diving the lakes here, so I don't contribute to the posts that tell me the lake is up 5 feet and down 2 degrees from last week.

Well... I'm with ya there..

This is not based on the OP's issue but rather with the attitude scuba sciences and its employees has displayed in this thread...I can confidently say that I will never visit their store and they will never have my business.

scubadiver1302001:
there are 3
Who's the 3rd?
avoidthebends:
Most of us have not "disappeared" from the forum. I personally don't feel the need to post all the time(and I know others that feel the same way). I don't enjoy diving the lakes here, so I don't contribute to the posts that tell me the lake is up 5 feet and down 2 degrees from last week.
C'mon now, I just scanned the poll thread which brought in most of the new members and the vast majority have not been online in the last couple months if ever since they voted and never posted in ANY other thread, most replies are to the poll and and intro and greets. So while I'm glad you, Timmay and a couple others are around and reading if not posting, the majority haven't come back EVER since the poll thread died off.

If you don't enjoy diving the lakes, whether you given it a go or not is fine with us, and not posting at all or in the AZ forum is also your choice and I respect that, heck even the OP of this thread is a long time reader first time poster, nothing wrong with that. And contrary to opinions we don't give a rat's *** what shop you spend your money at. It wasn't the point and I think you know that.

Hopefully we'll start a thread in AZ forum someday that grabs your interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom