SCUBA PRO MK 17 260 OR MK 17 620 TI ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

first stage is bad on my A700 setup....Tech said high pressure seat is messed up. IP was creeping..... Gonna send it in. I felt like something was off with that setup. I need to learn how to check my on regs...

I have a few ice diving friends who swear by their Mk17/A700 combos. They will NEVER use a 260 or 600 under the ice. Just saying...

Why would ANYBODY want a G260, much less an S620Ti, over a D420??
:D:coffee:
Uh-oh! Thread derailment!

@couv's Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-8)

I'm definitely game to try a D420. But, not interested enough to buy one... :D I have way more regs than I need already, and I'm really only interested in diving CCR, so buying new OC regs really does not make sense for me. Plus, I no longer get key man pricing on ScubaPro, and no WAY I'm paying full price for one.

Why would ANYBODY want a G260, much less an S620Ti, over a D420??
:D:coffee:
Uh-oh! Thread derailment!

@couv's Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-8)
I had been mounting frogs (rail reference) to the thread trying not to knock it off the rails but if I recall correctly the OP dives very shallow.

for ice diving, they should be looking at a double hose or poseidon instead

Why?

There are some up here that use the Mk25/S600, Mk25/G260, or Mk17/A700 with no issues. There are others who use the Legend or the DST/FSR with XTX second stage regs, and they too have no issues. I now prefer to use a full face mask that is hooked up to my Mk17EVO. With that being stated, the Poseiden X-Stream is a nice reg, but not the only reg that holds up well to ice diving.

I pulled 2 dives yesterday on my 260 MK17 and I can say this without a doubt. It breaths better than my 700.....With that being said I am headed out to my LDS to get my 700 tuned Today......I am running my 700 wide open and 260 was run at about or a little over half wide open and it outperformed the A700... I think something is off with my A700 MK17 setup....making a noise in the first stage on inhale....The other mk 17 does not do that...

It's unlikely the MK17, although I guess it could be a lack of lube. Is it a whistling sound?

mk19 evo/g260 should be offered as a packaged option without needing a special order

SP is doing all it can to move the D420, I'm thinking thus far it's not been a great success. Can't even buy just a MK19, packaged with the D420 only.

Back
Top Bottom