SCUBA PRO MK 17 260 OR MK 17 620 TI ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calabash digger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am running a MK17 EVO with the A700 and it will be my primary. I am looking to make all my REGS scuba pro and this will be my backup set . I can get SCUBA PRO serviced at my local shop and do not have mail them anywhere. I am tempted by the 620 ti because it is fairly new but I know from the reviews the 260 is solid. WHAT do you guys think? Has to MK17 because of my dive environment.

What @buddhasummer said above is true up until now that the MK19/D420 just came out. The MK19/D420 has a sealed first stage with rotating turret and a legendary second stage, a combination made for best performance, versatility and all environments!

I wonder if SP got the MK19 to "balance" any better than the MK17. I'm guessing not, looking at schematic it looks like a MK17 with a turret, albeit slimmed down apparently. Looks a lot like a MK25 from photos.

First stage performance, "balanced", would be all but indistinguishable between models in the real world.

The G260 I think could also be described as "legendary" given it's roots.

I've used both a D420 and G260, yes, the D delivers more air but the G260 is no slouch. There's not a lot in it between the two.

Gun to my head, I'd still choose a G260 all things considered.

Let's assume, for discussion sake, that the MK19 is just an MK17 with a rotating turret, that is no issue at all, it is an MK17 with a much better hose handling and ability to have a a LP port on the top/bottom of the first stage for better hose routing I think. I'd go for the MK19 because of this feature for sure.

Back
Top Bottom