Scuba Certification Rip Off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadoguk:
Padi will chase, as far as the law will allow anyone who claims to be a instructor, I sent a family out with a referral who went to a "instructor" on a chain of islands off the west coast of America, he the "instructor" took there money and sent the family back to me to sign their cards???? I called PADI faxing them the information I had from the family who told me about the "instructor".
The guy "instructor" is well known to PADI who has had letters sent and claims against him, but PADI has to wait for the courts to do there part the "instructor" can still take money and continue to dupe people till he is fined or jailed.(By the way he has never been a PADI instructor)
PADI has to protect there trademarks and such but if the guy is not a member and projects himself as such they will get involved but, Have little to give to the people who have been ripped off that would be the local community who get involved, maybe PADI could give the pics or some thing??
My point exactly. Padi has to wait for courts to decide before they'll do something.
And as I understand from your post, the guy is still doing what he wants, so Padi wasn't able to do anything to him or even stop him from using their name, while he isn't a Padi instructor at all.

Fish In Cananda To Have Name Tags. It Helps Us When We Are Fishing For Them Or Diving. :)

No, The Divers In Brockville Named Them Bob And Fred.. And They Are Huge.. But No One Is To Fish For Them.. They Are Our Friends

sorry for the caps again.. years of making tables for research reports have caused me to subconciously type Like This. Sorry

Hey guys, I finally got an email from the instructor. This is what he said.. First one back in a long long long time.. :)

:10:

"So sorry it has taken sooo long. We have been in contact with the president of PADI Canada and everything should be cleared up soon! Your patience is appreciated!

THANKS

Mike and Debra"

fish_bowl:
Hey guys, I finally got an email from the instructor. This is what he said.. First one back in a long long long time.. :)

:10:

"So sorry it has taken sooo long. We have been in contact with the president of PADI Canada and everything should be cleared up soon! Your patience is appreciated!

THANKS

Mike and Debra"

My suggestion would be to forward the email to PADI and see their response.

fish_bowl:
I Dont' Have Any Documentation.. Its Ok.. I Will Take It Over.. Next Year.. I Wasn't Whinning.. I Was Just Looking For More Things To Do Then What I Have Already Done... This Kind Of Thing Should Not Happen. That Is The Point. We Need To Work To Try And Prevent This From Happening....

Not To Mention The Time It Takes To Do This All Over Again.. And How Crapy You Feel When You Can't Go Diving.. And You Should Be Able To Go.. That Is What I Am Talking About.. Its The Principle....

Do you have receipts? Or how about a logbook with the instructors signature? This is all the documentation you should need.

PonyBottle:
Do you have receipts? Or how about a logbook with the instructors signature? This is all the documentation you should need.

pony,

As i said before.. i was unaware at the time that i needed my log book signed. he told us to simply copy one anothers. And.. he did not have temp cards, so he said, so I kept going to the store to get them but he said he didn't have any in.. :(

I do have reciepts though.. :)

that is my power.. i hope.

fish_bowl:
I Dont' Have Any Documentation.. Its Ok.. I Will Take It Over.. Next Year.. I Wasn't Whinning.. I Was Just Looking For More Things To Do Then What I Have Already Done... This Kind Of Thing Should Not Happen. That Is The Point. We Need To Work To Try And Prevent This From Happening....

Not To Mention The Time It Takes To Do This All Over Again.. And How Crapy You Feel When You Can't Go Diving.. And You Should Be Able To Go.. That Is What I Am Talking About.. Its The Principle....
If you want to prevent it from happening again with this instructor and you're willing to accept some discomfort for your principal: Take the case to the police. You may not get your certification or your money but it may prevent it from happening again with this particular instructor.
Otherwise, as the other said, consider it as a lesson(bad one!) and go on with your life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom