Scuba Certification Rip Off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
My point exactly. Padi has to wait for courts to decide before they'll do something.
And as I understand from your post, the guy is still doing what he wants, so Padi wasn't able to do anything to him or even stop him from using their name, while he isn't a Padi instructor at all.
As said the law is involved, what would anyone else do? go break "instructor's" legs?
If action is taken, what is the other action or answer in this case ?

fish_bowl:
Hey guys, I finally got an email from the instructor. This is what he said.. First one back in a long long long time.. :)

:10:

"So sorry it has taken sooo long. We have been in contact with the president of PADI Canada and everything should be cleared up soon! Your patience is appreciated!

THANKS

Mike and Debra"
Well, what a little public opinion pressure can do :wink:
fish_bowl, you should thank Rick Murchinson for this sudden change of mood :wink:

scubadoguk:
As said the law is involved, what would anyone else do? go break "instructor's" legs?
If action is taken, what is the other action or answer in this case ?
OK, so please tell me what is Padi going to do in your case?

aquaoren:
OK, so please tell me what is Padi going to do in your case?

I am confused what should they do ? they have the guy in court, what else is a option.
The guy did his dives in a tropical local, he went on to say the money paid was a lot $350 for 4 dives and he was not paying for more, our shop offered to help do local dives for no cost PADI offered free PIC cards he was not interested, so what would PADI do ?
What do you do if you get ripped off by a car mechanic? sue the car maker, not if it's a little garage the car maker is not at fault the mechanic is.

fish_bowl:
Hey guys, I finally got an email from the instructor. This is what he said.. First one back in a long long long time.. :)

:10:

"So sorry it has taken sooo long. We have been in contact with the president of PADI Canada and everything should be cleared up soon! Your patience is appreciated!

THANKS

Mike and Debra"

Canada falls under the jurisdiction of PADI Americas. There is no President of PADI Canada. There is a Regional Manager for PADI Canada. PM me if you want his email address...

scubadoguk:
I am confused what should they do ? they have the guy in court, what else is a option.
The guy did his dives in a tropical local, he went on to say the money paid was a lot $350 for 4 dives and he was not paying for more, our shop offered to help do local dives for no cost PADI offered free PIC cards he was not interested, so what would PADI do ?
What do you do if you get ripped off by a car mechanic? sue the car maker, not if it's a little garage the car maker is not at fault the mechanic is.
Now I am a little confused.
What is your point exactly? What did Padi do to the instructoer so he will change his business practices and did it help?

aquaoren:
Now I am a little confused.
What is your point exactly? What did Padi do to the instructoer so he will change his business practices and did it help?
What can they do, PADI took him to court ? you seem to think that there is a special type of law for scuba, PADI can't enforce any different law than anyone else can.
You have the anecdote make of it what you will, sorry to say they can not strike him with a pox or smote him with thunder as in the biblical days, what would you have them do ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom