Question New to scuba diving, is it a bad instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess that means DiveZoneAruba is no more.

Can someone help me understand something here? The link on TripAdvisor goes to Dive Aruba, and that is where she posted her comments. Then I see the references to DiveZone Aruba, with the name of the person listed as expelled by PADI.

I dived with Dive Aruba years ago, and it was a one-man operation run by a man named Clive Paula. Are we talking about the same operation? The Trip advisor link to Dive Aruba has comments mentioning a man named Greg, not Clive.

Creepy, and in some cultures and in some corners of ours just another way to pick up chicks
I am putting my pitchfork away behind the door again, and I'll be off to tend the vegetables

Maybe start a go fund me for the dudes family

Thanks everyone, Here is an update.
PADI has contacted me and told me they had expelled the Instructor. I chose to expose him so female & other new diver can be aware. I want to prevent this situation to happen in the future.
That’s good news. I’m glad that you had the courage to speak up. You undoubtedly helped to prevent future victims.

Can someone help me understand something here? The link on TripAdvisor goes to Dive Aruba, and that is where she posted her comments. Then I see the references to DiveZone Aruba, with the name of the person listed as expelled by PADI.

I dived with Dive Aruba years ago, and it was a one-man operation run by a man named Clive Paula. Are we talking about the same operation? The Trip advisor link to Dive Aruba has comments mentioning a man named Greg, not Clive.
The email in both cases is the same, so I assume he owns both now. Maybe?

The email in both cases is the same, so I assume he owns both now. Maybe?
Clive was fairly old when I dived with him, so I would not be surprised to find out he sold his business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom