Scuba Certification Rip Off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you pug..

I'm just dissapointed.. I see the flags out already.. wish I could join everyone..

I really liked it though. On our open water dives we saw a big bass name BOB and we saw his brother Fred. I fed them some crayfish and the one bass followed me.. my last dive I lost my contact.. LOL.. oooops.. so I didn't see much but blurry water.. supposedly we went by the diver's playground that had a big sign that said welcome divers.. and a musky went by.. stupid contact.. lol..

fish_bowl, you have 2 options:

- Persue legal action, see you in the water in 2006
- Cut a deal with someone else. There are 3 other shops with a 10 minute drive; Sea and Sky, Abucs or Dive Tech.

fish_bowl:
I Dont' Have Any Documentation.. Its Ok.. I Will Take It Over.. Next Year.. I Wasn't Whinning.. I Was Just Looking For More Things To Do Then What I Have Already Done... This Kind Of Thing Should Not Happen. That Is The Point. We Need To Work To Try And Prevent This From Happening....

Not To Mention The Time It Takes To Do This All Over Again.. And How Crapy You Feel When You Can't Go Diving.. And You Should Be Able To Go.. That Is What I Am Talking About.. Its The Principle....

Ok, enough!

First of all, fish_bowl, stop capitalizing every word that you type. What is the point of that except to give yourself a sore finger.

Second, as badly as losing $300 feels right now, figure out a way to go diving anyway. When you've done about 1,000 dives and it is 10 years later. You are not even going to remember this little incident. Kinda like when you spilled your ice cream on the floor when you were 3 years old. Remember how badly that sucked at the time? Do you even remember it now?

Third, sounds like PADI is trying to help. But instead of going after someone who simply does not give a crap about you anymore, ask them if they will refer a shop close to you to get the 22 divers recertified without paying the full $300.00. If a LDS is smart, they would help out with the 22 c cards and gain 22 new customers. Possibly 22 new sets of gear, 22 new AOW classess, 22 nitrox courses..... get the picture? Your business is worth a lot of future money to somebody.

Lastly, it's ok to whine, Lord knows I do it when I get sick and my girlfriend has to take care of me. But it is 7 pages of threads later and perhaps it is time to move on and by the looks of your last post at 10:02 am, you already have.

Henry

I know its a long thread.. here is what I am trying to do.. not complain.. not keep answering all the people. I really just want those other people out there that are in the same boat to come forward.. I dont' know who they are.. sorry.. I won't write anything anymore.

Fish..

p.s. the capitalizing thing is something i do without thinking.. i guess because I am so used to doing research work and doing all of my lines like that.. again sorry

fish_bowl:
I know its a long thread.. here is what I am trying to do.. not complain.. not keep answering all the people. I really just want those other people out there that are in the same boat to come forward.. I dont' know who they are.. sorry.. I won't write anything anymore.

Fish..

p.s. the capitalizing thing is something i do without thinking.. i guess because I am so used to doing research work and doing all of my lines like that.. again sorry

Oh yes you will write again. That's for sure. Except what you will be writing about is how much you love diving and have found a new shop to be friends with.

You will write about the cool trips you've taken and all the local wrecks you've been on.

And inevitabily, you will get in to a discussion about pony bottles with Pug and that will be another 10 page thread.

I feel all misty. Wanna spoon? Not you Pug.
:wink:

Henry

fish_bowl:
I really liked it though. On our open water dives we saw a big bass name BOB and we saw his brother Fred.

I know that I haven't ever dove in Canada, so maybe the fish are different there, but how do you know their names were Bob and Fred? How do you know that you didn't see Fred first, then Bob second? Do the Canadian fish wear name tags? Now, that would be something to see.... :eyebrow:

Seriously, I don't have anything else to add to help you with your "instructor", other than my condolences. Even though it might take you longer than you had hoped, I hope that this doesn't turn you away from diving. Really, most divers that I've met are the opposite of this guy - very honest and willing to help each other out. Good luck!

Uncle Pug:
... and this thread may still be active. :D

We could just stick it so he'll be able to find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom