Scuba Certification Rip Off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How Did You Figure Out That That Was His Web Site. The Store Divers Paradise Is Closed Now. It Closed A While Back.

So the shop has closed but he still has the website up. He's not good about details is he? Then again he has an online store still up. I wonder how many people he'll steal from before your government shuts him down???

He did steal from you by the way, he's a thief.

It is possible that if he was having finacial problems that he let his PADI Instructors insurance lapse and therefore does not have coverage for this group of students.
He could then be liable in future. I am not a DM or Instructor so not real sure how this works but it could be a factor.

Just sounds like he was a real jerk and you really need to follow up with the Police for fraud.
Good Luck
Gary

mcrae:
It is possible that if he was having finacial problems that he let his PADI Instructors insurance lapse and therefore does not have coverage for this group of students.
He could then be liable in future. I am not a DM or Instructor so not real sure how this works but it could be a factor.

Just sounds like he was a real jerk and you really need to follow up with the Police for fraud.
Good Luck
Gary
Liability insurance is not for coverage of specific students you teach, but covers you when a claim is made for any reason. If he is not covered now and a claim is made by any student in the past, he could be screwed.

PADI has already told him the money is not an issue. They will waive the fees just to send a list of the people that passed. How hard is that to do? He has it all logged somewhere. I thought he had to. That is what does not make any sense.

Fish

Take the OW over with another instructor rather than sit out so long. You will save yourself the frustration and lost opportunity to dive. Not only that you will no doubt learn more this time around. Make sure your new instructor is aware that you have already completed the course once so they can raise the bar a bit.

The only problem with taking the course again is the cost. We already paid for our course. Its just expensive. :(

Uncle Pug:
If the cost of taking the course over is a deal breaker then scuba really isn't going to fit in your budget anyway. Seriously.

I agree with Pug, this is a cost intensive sport! I think I'll head out to my LDS now!

I Understand It Is Cost Extensive.. But How Would You Feel. You Pay 300 For The Course.. Then You Get A Lot Of Your Equipment.. Then You Have Dish Out Another 300 Each.. Because My Significant Other Also Lost His Diving Because We Took The Course Together. We Could Use That Money To Buy Equipment We Still Need. That's 600 Bucks. Plus I Fish Regularily And This Year We Are Buying A Boat.. So 600 Bucks Extra Is Just Not Feasable At This Time. :( But A Boat Is Good.. You Can Use A Boat To Dive Off Of As Well As Fish.. Last Year We Concentrated Our Funds On Diving.. This Year We Have To Concentrate On Fishing.. Next Year More Diving..see.. Its A Give And Take Situation When You Have Two Expensive Hobbies..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom