Scuba Certification Rip Off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fish_bowl:
Alright then, the guys name is Mike Johnson from Brockville Ontario. I hope that helps other people. Maybe people that have taken a course from him and are still waiting there certification.

I also know that my one friend took a course from another intructor working for him and he has not got his card yet either.
What is Mike's email address?
Rick

I am deeply sorry that this one individual is giving you such a hard time.

Keep up the desire to dive, and as others have suggested contacting another instructor who is sympathetic to your (and the other's) situation may be the solution. I know many instructors in the Ottawa/Prescott/Brockville area, who could likely help you out - drop a PM and I'll provide contact info.

Also, contacting the new owner of the shop and explaining the situation may also help you out.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

aquaoren:
What I ment was that Padi, even though they maybe would like to help, can not put any pressure on the instructor since he isn't Padi anymore and I don't think they would start chasing a non-Padi instructor.
Honestly, I doubt they would be doing a lot anyway. I hope, I'm wrong :D
But you're right, it is only my opinion :wink:

Padi will chase, as far as the law will allow anyone who claims to be a instructor, I sent a family out with a referral who went to a "instructor" on a chain of islands off the west coast of America, he the "instructor" took there money and sent the family back to me to sign their cards???? I called PADI faxing them the information I had from the family who told me about the "instructor".
The guy "instructor" is well known to PADI who has had letters sent and claims against him, but PADI has to wait for the courts to do there part the "instructor" can still take money and continue to dupe people till he is fined or jailed.(By the way he has never been a PADI instructor)
PADI has to protect there trademarks and such but if the guy is not a member and projects himself as such they will get involved but, Have little to give to the people who have been ripped off that would be the local community who get involved, maybe PADI could give the pics or some thing??

I would like to thank everyone for their support. I am happy to know there are a lot of people out there who care. I am going to try and get in touch with some of you who have offered some help. I think that is the best way to get to the bottom of this. I really don't want to go to court because I don't think it will be the best solution. Honestly, I just want to get into the water a couple of times this year. Thank you all again.

Fish

I have sent the following email to Mike:
"Mike,
You’re taking quite a beating on the Scubaboard.
http://www.scubaboard.com/t59118.html
You might want to take a look and join in the fray.
Rick"
We shall see if he shows up to share his side of the story.
Rick

Yes.. That Is Mike..

And The Worst Part Is That I Used To Work For Him In His Store.. I Thought He Was My Friend. :(

oh sorry free float.. i'm going the typing thing again.. :( force of habit.. not too sure by I do it though.

fish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom