Scooter class with Andrew Georgitsis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to put a scooter class together in the near future with AG as the instructor.

Course: Scooter (DPV) 1 - Unified Team Diving
Tentative dates: April 2-4
Cost: $75 for course materials (or $99 for course materials + membership) and $450 for the tuition

The class is a three day, 4 dive class.

The class can be done in either singles or doubles but will remain within recreational profiles.

Please let me know if you are interested.

It was a fun class . . .tough for AG though, herding up five excited beginning scooter divers heading off in five different directions:D!

Yeah that was my thought as well, where would one get the scooter?

I've actually been considering it more seriously lately, but I'm also considering moving to doubles soon as well and can't bite off both at once right now.

I'm also considering going with the Sierra instead of the Cuda for the significantly lower weight. Anybody have anything to say about how much I would regret that decision? :D

Because of that lower weight, you'll be able to travel with it. With the hard case, body-tail & battery, you're still able to meet under the airline int'l baggage max weight limit of 32kg/70lbs.

Also, if you decide to rent a scooter overseas or anywhere else, the dive op may want to see evidence of DPV training --so definitely take the class and get that C-card!

Back
Top Bottom