Trip Report A Week (25 Nov - 3 Dec) at Cayman Brac Beach Resort (CBBR)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Hoag
You don't mention shore diving at all, does CBBR over tanks for shore diving as an add on?

@Hoag
You don't mention shore diving at all, does CBBR over tanks for shore diving as an add on?
The reason that I didn't mention shore diving is because all of the diving at CBBR is boat diving, there is no shore diving at this resort.

That's not quite accurate. There is a lot of shore diving on the Brac, but you need to arrange your own transportation. There is no house reef at the resort.

I've been reading more often about shore diving there and it's moved the Brac up on my list. I like the no schedule aspect of shore diving and would consider staying at the resort and doing the am boat and another 2-3 from shore each day if they have an unlimited shore tank option.

I don't know if they have an unlimited shore option. Call Clearly Cayman to find out.

That's not quite accurate. There is a lot of shore diving on the Brac, but you need to arrange your own transportation. There is no house reef at the resort.
Actually, it is accurate. There may be shore diving on Cayman Brac, but not at CBBR. At the beginning of the week, you are assigned two tanks. These tanks never leave the boat unless you are wearing them. They are even refilled on the boat. For someone to do shore diving, they would have to make arrangements to do it off-site. It is not offered at CBBR.

This trip report is based on my experience at CBBR during the week that I was there, and I stand by my review.

I personally don't bother shore dive while at CBBR because the boat diving is so effortless; but I have seen people leave the resort with tanks and gear.
I assumed they were going shore diving.
Again, I would suggest checking with Clearly Cayman for the official position on this.

Thanks for a great report! CBRR has always been great. Glad to hear that it still is!

Our dive club (Vero Beach Scuba Club) is heading there in May of 2023. It promises to be an awesome trip.
If anyone wants to join us, we do have a couple of spots being held. Details on the club FB page (V.B.S.C. Cayman Brac Dive Trip)

That shipwreck picture is incredible. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom