SB'ers on Cozumel in JUNE '09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a really large green moray eel on second dive swimming beside us for a good 10 minutes. He had a favorite spot quite a ways down, he was trying to get too on our drift dive. He was fun to watch for that long.

Saw the BIGGEST turtle of my career today. He looked like he was an old giant. Even had barnacles growing on his back. Saw several more regular size turtles, by comparison, at their cleaning stations.

Mary how is the diving?
Good enough that I am thinking of extending my trip by another week. Will make 3 weeks altogether. Only will miss one Nursing class. (I am back in school the last two years):D

If I had it to do over again...I would bring less clothes. Mary

Yep. I figure on a half-dozen swimsuits, a few pairs of sandals, a half dozen tank tops and panties and I'm good for a couple of weeks.

But I'm pretty low maintenance.

To all in Cozumel NOW --- There's a jazz trio playing tonight at the Cigar Bar -- a few doors north of No Name Bar at Hotel Barracuda -- starting at 9pm-ish. This is the group that Chad of Wet Wendy's plays in. If you want to hear something different (for Cozumel), this is your chance!

To all in Cozumel NOW --- There's a jazz trio playing tonight at the Cigar Bar -- a few doors north of No Name Bar at Hotel Barracuda -- starting at 9pm-ish. This is the group that Chad of Wet Wendy's plays in. If you want to hear something different (for Cozumel), this is your chance!
Will you be there tonight? Any SB'rs there tonight? Let me know, I will go!

Mary

I'm night diving, or I'd go for sure. I know Deb (ddeborahdelamar) is planning to be there - with chace_nicol, I think.
Have fun and cheer some for me. I would like to go hear them!

Yes, Mary -- I'll be there -- probably a little early though I know it will start late! Don't know the seating & want to get a good location.

Was supposed to meet Chace this afternoon but she didn't show -- I think she plans to go tonight as no diving for her tomorrow -- she's flying home.

You & I need to meet anyway. Are you diving tomorrow?

Have a great night dive, Sal.

Yes, Mary -- I'll be there -- probably a little early though I know it will start late! Don't know the seating & want to get a good location.

Was supposed to meet Chace this afternoon but she didn't show -- I think she plans to go tonight as no diving for her tomorrow -- she's flying home.

You & I need to meet anyway. Are you diving tomorrow?

Have a great night dive, Sal.

I have one more dive day paid for...but it doesn't have to be tomorrow. I am due to go to Playa on Saturday. But, thinking about extending my stay in Cozumel either now or at the end of the Playa trip.

Okay...so I will meet you tonight. I have brown hair, blue eyes, and will wear a long sundress I think!

Just got off the boat...it is 5:15 Cozumel time. Will go eat dinner at 7ish and meet you later.

Mary

BTW: Met the Dive Monkeys today. Group from California that are SB members. We are discussing sharing a plane to Holbox. Have to go find my research again on the small puddle jumpers I was considering. If any one has the link handy let me know. Think it is Aerosaab.

http://www.aerosaab.com/whale-shark-tour-holbox/

Edit: Never mind I found it.

Mary

Last edited:
Will be in Cozumel on Friday..Can't wait.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom