SB'ers on Cozumel in JUNE '09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay...I am here. Everything went smoothly...except I brought way too much stuff. Secondly one of my suitcases got royally squashed. Lastly, the wait through customs at the Cozumel airport took almost two hours. There are no lack of tourists, and, according to Raymondo at the Dive shop, Scuba Club is seeing more people this past week than it has since the flu scare, .

It is very hot. If I had it to do over again...I would bring less clothes. I am thinking I will donate my squashed bag with some of my clothes to Cozumel (even though the clothes are new).
Hope to see you all soon.

Mary

Okay...I am here. Everything went smoothly...except I brought way too much stuff. Secondly one of my suitcases got royally squashed. Lastly, the wait through customs at the Cozumel airport took almost two hours. There are no lack of tourists, and, according to Raymondo at the Dive shop, Scuba Club is seeing more people this past week than it has since the flu scare, .

It is very hot. If I had it to do over again...I would bring less clothes. I am thinking I will donate my squashed bag with some of my clothes to Cozumel (even though the clothes are new).
Hope to see you all soon.

Mary
I hope you have a great week of diving and enjoying Cozumel.

Glad you made it in one piece, squished bag aside.
Hate hearing that customs took so long! It was that way in February, but in May, it was nearly deserted. I'd settle for a happy medium. Hope I get to sleep in a little bit, so I will have the patience for the line...

It's easy to bring too much stuff! I'll bet your stuff would find good homes, if you decide to part with it.

Enjoy your dives tomorrow. Tell the fish I'm on the way!
hee hee hee

See you soon-
Sallye

Glad you made it in one piece, squished bag aside.
Hate hearing that customs took so long! It was that way in February, but in May, it was nearly deserted. I'd settle for a happy medium. Hope I get to sleep in a little bit, so I will have the patience for the line...

It's easy to bring too much stuff! I'll bet your stuff would find good homes, if you decide to part with it.

Enjoy your dives tomorrow. Tell the fish I'm on the way!
hee hee hee

See you soon-
Sallye
Yes...see you soon. It will be great to meet my first fellow Scuba boarder!
Dive Monkeys from California...where are you...have you arrived to SCC yet? Diving was great today. But, what else would we expect?!

Mary

I hope you have a great week of diving and enjoying Cozumel.
Thank you...so far so good. :D It is great to be in warm ocean water. Most people are just wearing a skin or shorties here. I am seeing super humongous, Gigantoid Parrot fish and Grouper. I mean they are massive. Why do the sea creatures seem to be bigger in Cozumel?

just got home from Cozumel...ready to go back again! the diving was awesome and I loved my DMs. Dove with Scuba Mau and I can't say enough great things about them! They took care of all my gear, delicious fresh fruit and bottled water the whole time. I still haven't acquired the taste of papaya, tastes like dirty socks to me. I wanted to take the night specialty course but ended up taking the Advanced OW course with Mau. So glad I did! If you are lucky enough to have Monkey as your DM tell him I said hello and that I miss him! Opal is great to work with. She helped us out in so many ways, where to eat, good places to shop, she was my tourguide. We didn't have any more than 6 divers on the boat at a time. Their boats are fast too. Their boat The Flying Fish was passing everyone by. They also do not charge extra to go to Maracaibo which is a gorgeous dive. Only negative thing I can say is that 10 days is not long enough! If we can afford it we want to go back in August. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Mary,
i am not at scc. I am staying at villa aldora.
Leslie and i want to set up a meet to chat sometime before our dive on friday.

Pm one or both of us and we'll work it out.

Happy bubbles!

Here now. Today water was 83 (per my computer). Weather was high 80's partly cloudy. Not near as humid as last year same time.

Great dives today with plenty of turtles, shark, octopus X 2 (out during the day), lion fish, etc..............

Here now. Today water was 83 (per my computer). Weather was high 80's partly cloudy. Not near as humid as last year same time.

Great dives today with plenty of turtles, shark, octopus X 2 (out during the day), lion fish, etc..............
You saw a lionfish? Where?

Thanks,
Mary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom