Save Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just read this thread and wanted to comment on it. In 1995 my two sons and I made a trip to Ginnie. My oldest son had just gotten his OW certification and we were on vacation to Orlando (in laws live there). I had always heard about Ginnie and could hardly wait to dive it with sons Steve Jr. and my youngest Chris who was able to snorkle with us. My wife wasn't able to dive with us but both my sons could hardly contain their excitement and tell her when we got back to Orlando.

We are planning on another visit in October to see the inlaws among other things and thought maybe we'd go to Ginnie again, hopefully it is still the beautiful place we remember. Too bad our timing didn't coincide with your clean up efforts, we'd be more than happy to pitch in.

Steve Ash:
Just read this thread and wanted to comment on it. In 1995 my two sons and I made a trip to Ginnie. My oldest son had just gotten his OW certification and we were on vacation to Orlando (in laws live there). I had always heard about Ginnie and could hardly wait to dive it with sons Steve Jr. and my youngest Chris who was able to snorkle with us. My wife wasn't able to dive with us but both my sons could hardly contain their excitement and tell her when we got back to Orlando.

We are planning on another visit in October to see the inlaws among other things and thought maybe we'd go to Ginnie again, hopefully it is still the beautiful place we remember. Too bad our timing didn't coincide with your clean up efforts, we'd be more than happy to pitch in.
Steve, if you are there around Halloween weekend then there is likely to be a large group there for the 3rd (?) annual fall megadive, with the other one in April/May time - also annual. I dont know if it has changed much in 11 years, but likely it has. If i cant make the Keys weekend i might head up to Ginnie for this clean up, we shall see.

Count me in as well.... I'll be there

Brian

could we do it on the 16th? My daughter has a state points race on the 15th in Jasper florida. I could head to the springs on the morning of the 16th. Would have two teen age daughters to help at the surface as well.

I'm already commited to something on the 15th but if there are more of these and the admission were comped I could get a good 5-6 divers to help (sorry, too expensive to have to pay for the privelidge of cleaning). We go up there at least 2-3 times a year to camp & tube and it is very sad how nasty the river has become due to the trash.

OK, I contacted Gary Brown through the link that HighSpringsDiver provided.

Sign in for the cleanup starts at 7:45 AM on July 15th. Admission and air fills are free. I was asked to get a head count, so if you are planning on participating, and I don't have you listed, sound off.

Attendees are:

scubafool
eandiver
brewoneOto
kenthemaniacdeepseawolf

Possibles are:
simbrooks
ScubaMD(Simon is sickly and refuses to travel without his personal physician)
scubafire

Add my two friends to that list...they aren't scubaboard members but they will be helping out. Ben and Jenna.

Revised list

Attendees are:

scubafool
eandiver
brewoneOto
kenthemaniacdeepseawolf
scubafire
Ben
Jenna

Possibles are:
simbrooks
ScubaMD(Simon is sickly and refuses to travel without his personal physician)

Post or PM me if you want to be included or if you are on this list but can't make it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom