Save Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ME ME ME !!!
Pick me for the clean-up !!!

Er , I'll have to check with Bubba first though. I need a manual on how to do this.

Jeano Beano

P.S. JUMPS UP and SOUNDS OFF !!!!!
Oh , I e-mailed Gary too and told him I would be there.

LeFlaneur:
For those who haven't seen this website, it's worth a look. Rowdy college kids are probably a minor threat to Ginnie compared to what else is going on.

http://www.floridasprings.org/

The most compelling video sequence (not on the site but on Wes Skiles' full video from a few years back) was divers entering a pristine spring, swimming through a cave and surfacing in an illegal garbage dump. Kind of drives the point home.

As a college partier:coffee: , who doesn't go to school in Florida:ice: I have some suggestions that y'all could use in addition to your clean up efforts!

Make recycling and trash bins more accessible. Chances are, there's a person amoungst the partying crowd who will not want the trash in the car and look for a place to get rid of it! If recycling and trash bins are closer, that might eliminate some of the trash.

Maybe get some wood, nail together a box with a circular hole and put a plasic bag inside... That way there'd be a method to solving the problem, and the kids would be more willing to get rid of the party of the night before better than they had before?:confused:

The place in question is a commercial park, with a decent array of trash cans available. Most of the trash that doesn't make it to the trash cans gets picked up by park employees. The problem is the river that everyone likes to tube down, usually with a six pack with them. After drift diving the river just one time, you realize that the majority of the beer bottles are dropped in the river, instead of being taken back to shore. Thanks for trying to offer up ideas though.

scubafool:
LOL, OK Jean, you can come.

:D :D :D :D :D

(mucho thankies)

Da Beano

Revised list

Attendees are:

scubafool
eandiver
brewoneOto
kenthemaniacdeepseawolf
scubafire
Ben
Jenna
jeandiver
return to water

Possibles are:
simbrooks
ScubaMD(Simon is sickly and refuses to travel without his personal physician)

Post or PM me if you want to be included or if you are on this list but can't make it.

Is that "Ben" a reference to me? First off, do not call me by name in public, it's OBG or Sir, your pick. Secondly, I cannot assist in the cleanup, remember, I was recently assumed to be a college student, therefore I would be forced to dump trash, not pick it up, evidently.

btw, ScubaBabe22, I need verification of your screenname, PM me ASAP. Thank you.

OneBrightGator:
btw, ScubaBabe22, I need verification of your screenname, PM me ASAP. Thank you.

along with sorority affiliations, Saturday night hangouts, phone number, turn-ons, turn-offs, and anything else you're willing to tell him. ;P

NOTE* Psssst,... he doesn't bite but is known to nibble!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom