Save Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's my motto:

"Keep em confused and everything else just falls into place"

Looks like Christina and i will be there. What time are we planning on meeting? 7.45am? Doesnt the shop open at 8am?

Revised list

Attendees are:

scubafool
eandiver
brewoneOto
kenthemaniacdeepseawolf
scubafire
Ben
Jenna
jeandiver
return to water
The mighty Maneater
Vayu
simbrooks
ScubaMD

Possibles are:
RJTY and two friends

Post or PM me if you want to be included or if you are on this list but can't make it.

So I have two quick questions: 1. Do we need to bring anything such as a net or something to keep trash in? (I have never done a cleanup or anything so I don't know). Also, how are we going to know who we all are? (A picture of a statue, turtle, dwarf, and drunk guy don't give me much to go on)

scubafire:
So I have two quick questions: 1. Do we need to bring anything such as a net or something to keep trash in? (I have never done a cleanup or anything so I don't know). Also, how are we going to know who we all are? (A picture of a statue, turtle, dwarf, and drunk guy don't give me much to go on)
Might be worth calling Ginnie on the cleanup gear. Whatever you have needs to be mesh rather than solid if you want to lift it out of the water. I dont know if we need lift bags, something to float the trash once its up to the water - does anyone have a diveyak they are willing to sacrifice for the day? As for meeting up, a few will probably have SB related paraphenalia (sp?) around them and a few of us already know each other - Ken might bring his banner???

A large mesh bag is needed if you have one. Look back at post #36 and contact Gary if you haven't already. He's apparently putting the cleanup together and can tell you what to bring.

If it helps to establish a focal point I will have my tan Chevy extended cab Silverado pickup with the truck box, USMC and dive flag stickers.

and it's not a dwarf....it's gnome.

Me being the organizer and all, you think that I would have considered this, but no, I prefer chaos and disorder.

As far as how we will know each other, there is a sign in starting at 7:45 AM, so we can do a meet and greet then.

As far as the collection bags, Simon has probably got the best thought there. I intend to steal my son's mesh gear bag for a "goody bag". I will contact the guy who is in overall charge of this concerning exactly what the procedures will be. I see one possible issue already. Considering the number of members that we have showing up, and adding in however many more from outside of SB, we have the potential to bring up a heck of a lot of junk. Dealing with all of this trash topside might be rather challenging.

I will post back when I know something more.

Edit: If you have a dive float flag, I would bring it.

scubafool:
Me being the organizer and all, you think that I would have considered this, but no, I prefer chaos and disorder.

As far as how we will know each other, there is a sign in starting at 7:45 AM, so we can do a meet and greet then.

As far as the collection bags, Simon has probably got the best thought there. I intend to steal my son's mesh gear bag for a "goody bag". I will contact the guy who is in overall charge of this concerning exactly what the procedures will be. I see one possible issue already. Considering the number of members that we have showing up, and adding in however many more from outside of SB, we have the potential to bring up a heck of a lot of junk. Dealing with all of this trash topside might be rather challenging.

I will post back when I know something more.

Edit: If you have a dive float flag, I would bring it.

As far as bringing up a lot of junk , does that include certain S****Y divers that you know? :confused:

The above mentioned diver ...

jeandiver:
As far as bringing up a lot of junk , does that include certain S****Y divers that you know? :confused:

No, I intend to leave you on the bottom of the Santa Fe. Does that answer your question in it's entirety?:mooner: (Dang, I love that lil' guy!)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom