Mini tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I should add it to my bailout plan. First breath is to the clear mask, second breath is to find my pony bottle reg and curse my stupid choices.
no no he should sling a 30 cf under is left arm :yeahbaby::yeahbaby:

Looks like your bands and harness are facing the wrong direction. (The valve orifice is pointing toward the back.)

ETA: Maybe correct things simply by reversing the middle of your manifold.

rx7diver

It how I bought it...

The diameter is so small,
I think the idea is that for small kids the regulator would poke into their neck/back...
So mount the regulator backwards....

Oh dear.... starting to sound like Independent doubles.

My daughter really likes wearing it....
In a few more years we will make it work.

It how I bought it...

The diameter is so small,
I think the idea is that for small kids the regulator would poke into their neck/back...
So mount the regulator backwards....

Oh dear.... starting to sound like Independent doubles.

My daughter really likes wearing it....
In a few more years we will make it work.

Ah, okay, thanks for the additional info.

BTW, my suggestion to reverse the middle of your manifold was supposed to be funny. You have to remove the cylinders from the bands in order to mess with the manifold, so you might as well just reverse the bands and be done with it!

rx7diver

I'm not responsible for what you do with these tanks, however if you want some:

For some reason, there's equipment that does both scuba AND schnorkelating! Wit a tiny tank and full-face mask! What could possibly go wrong?!?

I think they called it the Scubacider.

View attachment 855287
That is just scary. More so that someone might actually try to use it

The advertising for those mini tanks is terrifying! Just pump them up and go diving with no training required and cheap too. Those snorkel masks with the built in mini tanks look like assisted suicide devices to me! Family to large? Buy them all a snorkel mask with built in mini tank and take them to the beach!

However, there is a place for them if their limitations are understood and not exceeded. I dive solo and am "vintage", meaning I'm pushing seventy years old. My gear is all vintage type but not old. I use a Horse Collar BC and carry my tank in a back pack. My BC has a pouch under the front where I carry a mini tank with a built in regulator. It's out of the way, not heavy and doesn't bump into me. I fill it with an adapter off of my utility tank. (Spare tank for filling the mini tank, blowing off gear, filling motorhome tires, etc)

It's just there for emergencies. An extra five or maybe ten minutes of life. I also carry a RBFK (That's R for really) on my calf, a tourniquet on my BC, all of the standard emergency gear and all of my tanks have J valves. When crap happens, it happens fast. I like to be as ready as possible. Having a few extra breaths sounds like a good idea to me but without the extra weight of a pony tank with an extra regulator flopping around.

And who can forget this ....

1723349138830.png

This setup is gold

It is a beautiful sunny day you are at the beach so you quickly throw on some light gear
and go for it and when you're wrestling with that stubborn cray flick the switch and stay

1723349138830.png

Fairdinkum, some are so devoid of skill and imagination it's a wonder any can dive at all

20240809_151713.jpg

Hey boys when the knob goes down the outlet goes up therefore....

Love the little aeroplane compressor thing

Back
Top Bottom