Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
On a more serious note, the Kbulla and I will be baking the pies on Friday. We are planning on pumpkin, apple and maybe key lime. Will 3 be enough?

Three of each? If each pie is sliced into 8 pieces, and there are three pies, there will be 24 slices to be split up for 40 people. Three of each, on the other hand, sounds good.

Any recommendations or advice regarding where our family can go for a Thanksgiving like dinner (Turkey for everyone and pumpkin pie for me and my daughter) on Thursday night. We are staying at the Springhill Suites, West Palm Beach I-95 and would like to have a family dinner like the Gypsy Cab (if anyone's ever been there it's at St. Augustine, where we usually go for Thanksgiving).

On a more serious note, the Kbulla and I will be baking the pies on Friday. We are planning on pumpkin, apple and maybe key lime. Will 3 be enough?
I think it would be better to make 4 of each, then drop 1 of each off in Delray!:clapping:

Any recommendations or advice regarding where our family can go for a Thanksgiving like dinner (Turkey for everyone and pumpkin pie for me and my daughter) on Thursday night. We are staying at the Springhill Suites, West Palm Beach I-95 and would like to have a family dinner like the Gypsy Cab (if anyone's ever been there it's at St. Augustine, where we usually go for Thanksgiving).

Hmm. Since it's a tourist town, I think you should find things open. Off the top of my head, you could go to Bradley's. It is a bar and restaurant; website says they're open 365 days a year. It's average food, but it's one of those old Palm Beach institutions that's been around forever.

There's a ton of restaurants at CityPlace; if some look interesting you could call to see if they intend to be open.

The main "hotspot" area downtown is Clematis Street; linked website gives an overview of restaurants on the street.

Sorry I can't be more specific; let me know if you have questions, though!

Cracker Barrell Restaurant.

thanksgiving_meal_02.jpg

I hate to say it because of the irony... Outback Steakhouse is open on Thanksgiving and serving the traditional meal

KBeck will kill me for suggesting it, but... There is a "Carving Board" on US1 between Blue Heron Blvd. and North Lake Blvd. I am pretty sure they will be doing traditional Thanksgiving fare... Think "all you can eat Morrison's Cafateria"

I have been on the fence about coming because I am in the middle of moving.
I would like to put myself down as a maybe. I can bring tables, chairs, utensils, and store bought food if you can tell me what you need.

Jenny temped me with the pies, though.

Bill

I hate to say it because of the irony... Outback Steakhouse is open on Thanksgiving and serving the traditional meal.
Ahh, the traditional Kangaroo Ribs with Koala Pate'!! Yummy! Makes my manatee burgers sorta tame.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom