11/28/2015 - Blue Heron Bridge Turkey Dive and Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a liberal arts major for ya!

The List
Going into the final day

Attendees and Items:
(But please don't limit yourself. It's time to crack into grandpa's secret stash... uh, grandma's secret family recipes!)

• Turkey and cooker (CoolTech & KBeck)
  • Carry somebody else's crap from the car (but not too much) and claim that it is his contribution! Oh, and... Left over Halloween candy that kids from the past three years have rejected.(MB - Local Dive Sherpa)
  • (Tentative) Veggie or bean casserole (seeker242)
  • Stuffing (DennisS)
  • Maybe a pie, maybe some brownies, maybe a caserole--who knows (diveDiva & jimw)
  • Hydrating substances and a few utensils (Ana)
  • Something "lunchy" (DennisW & DonnaW)
  • If we go, I plan on being there very early, and will probably being something sweet... a pie or something similar (Scuba_Jenny)
  • Pie from somewhere (cheating from the store, a better option than my cooking) and a somewhat anti-social buddy (munkispank)
  • Mac & Cheese (Diver 1 from FB)

Working that day (Zieg)

Lurking (LetterBoy)

Check your calendars and make your plans! Tell your friend(s) to be there.

This isn’t just for divers; it’s a get together to have some fun!

In the past we have had more than 100 people show for the event. It is fun for the entire family and a great way to meet people you have spoken with, but never met!

NOTE: The cooker that will be there and does much more than a turkey fryer. If you know others who don’t want turkey, I will have the grill top to cook other things, or roast. The key is to let me know what you will bring that will need to be cooked.

Examples: Burgers, hot dogs, whatever type of meat you want served during the event, sausages, whole chicken… The cooking medium I will be bringing will do it all (If you say ribs, expect a 5 hour turn around for pull off the bone). Most meat is cooked faster than normal and very juicy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ana
How many people are we expecting at this shindig, rough estimate for stuffing calculations

How many people are we expecting at this shindig, rough estimate for stuffing calculations
Right now between SB and FB, there are 25-35. That number usually increases the day of the party when people realize they can make it for the party

I have a 16 lbs. turkey thawing. I am not sure if that will be enough as an entree

Not gonna make it. Oh well, maybe next time! :)

Dove the bridge this morning, viz 3-8 with shadows visible at maybe 12 ft. 77 degrees...someone on SB reported 80 ft viz outside the inlet today, so MAYBE the viz will be back up with tonight's tide. We saw and shot a Magnificent Urchin and a seahorse and a nudi--so a decent photographic day.....We also saw some bumblebee shrimp---jeez they're tiny!

This sounds so incredible!

I'm a new diver recently certified by ScubaBoard's own Pete Murray! I'll definitely be attending with my best friend and diver partner Cathy!

Nobody will hold that instructor thing against you...

This sounds so incredible!

I'm a new diver recently certified by ScubaBoard's own Pete Murray! I'll definitely be attending with my best friend and diver partner Cathy!
Then, you will be glad to know that Pete and Elena are planning to attend :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom