11/28/2015 - Blue Heron Bridge Turkey Dive and Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I am going to be over on your coast, I may not be diving due to sinus surgery but I will try to swing by and meet everyone. I will bring a pie from somewhere (cheating from the store, a better option than my cooking) and a somewhat anti social buddy :)
munkispank, there is a Publix just before the bridge... Great pies at an even greater price!

The List
Going into the final week:

Attendees and Items:
(But please don't limit yourself. It's time to crack into [-]grandpa's secret stash[/-]... uh, grandma's secret family recipes!)

• Turkey and cooker (CoolTech & KBeck)
  • Carry somebody else's crap from the car (but not too much) and claim that it is his contribution! Oh, and... Left over Halloween candy that kids from the past three years have rejected.(MB - Local Dive Sherpa)
  • Veggie or bean casserole (seeker242)
  • Stuffing (DennisS)
  • Maybe a pie, maybe some brownies, maybe a caserole--who knows (diveDiva & jimw)
  • Hydrating substances and a few utensils (Ana)
  • Something "lunchy" (DennisW & DonnaW)
  • If we go, I plan on being there very early, and will probably being something sweet... a pie or something similar(Scuba_Jenny)
  • Pie from somewhere (cheating from the store, a better option than my cooking) and a somewhat anti social buddy (munkispank)

Working that day (Zieg)

Lurking (LetterBoy)

Check your calendars and make your plans! Tell your friend(s) to be there.

This isn’t just for divers; it’s a get together to have some fun!

In the past we have had more than 100 people show for the event. It is fun for the entire family and a great way to meet people you have spoken with, but never met!

NOTE: The cooker that will be there and does much more than a turkey fryer. If you know others who don’t want turkey, I will have the grill top to cook other things, or roast. The key is to let me know what you will bring that will need to be cooked.

Examples: Burgers, hot dogs, whatever type of meat you want served during the event, sausages, whole chicken… The cooking medium I will be bringing will do it all (If you say ribs, expect a 5 hour turn around for pull off the bone). Most meat is cooked faster than normal and very juicy!

Breaking news: Zieg will be pretending to be hurt so he won't be responsible for bringing anything of value... which means I will have to carry somebody else's stuff from their cars and claim that it is mine! He might even put a fake wound in his hairline so people think he is actually hurt! Sheese!

MB:
Breaking news: Zieg will be pretending to be hurt so he won't be responsible for bringing anything of value... which means I will have to carry somebody else's stuff from their cars and claim that it is mine! He might even put a fake wound in his hairline so people think he is actually hurt! Sheese!

Hairline? There is no hairline. Or what hairline there was has now been moved. Pobrecito yo.

MB, what did you do to Zieg?

Put me down as tentative. I may have to work Saturday...:(

MB:
Don't blame me. I am always a helpful (but humble) public servant! He probably pissed off The Basque! Good thing there was no C4 within reach!
:stalker:
:homealone:

Funny that you are blaming The Basque.... just happened that Was the exact response of Zieg in the ER..."she did it" but there is no credible evidence for such a silly accusation. The 4x4 did it.... and now Franken-Zieg displays a nicely line of staples on the top of his head.... when ask is he could go diving, the nurse reply was such a strong Pffffff not even the fact the staples appear to be stainless steel and I'd say probably DiR accepted persuaded the nurse to say even a maybe. follow up comments of duck tape were not welcomed either.

I have to admit that the staples do give a rather suave look to our new Franken-Zieg! And if the staples are pointed left, then yes, the configuration would be DIR compliant! Of course, the neck bolts also have to be stainless steel.

As for diving, I see no possible risk of infection if Franken-Zieg dives BHB! The water there is never questionable! Its like diving in distilled water. He can trust me - I'm a doctor!
:doctor:

MB:
I have to admit that the staples do give a rather suave look to our new Franken-Zieg! And if the staples are pointed left, then yes, the configuration would be DIR compliant! Of course, the neck bolts also have to be stainless steel.

As for diving, I see no possible risk of infection if Franken-Zieg dives BHB! The water there is never questionable! Its like diving in distilled water. He can trust me - I'm a doctor!
:doctor:
From the keyboards of those with public degrees..!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom