Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone who is already on the list...doesn't need to be counted twice. :wink:

Hey guys-

I called the Parks & Rec people and they verified we don't need to reserve a pavilion. I'm sure grabbing one early in the day won't be an issue. I'll try to pop by this weekend sometime and check for electrical connections--I doubt they'd have them, but you never know.

Also, as Jim mentioned, I won't be diving as I'll be flying for work the next day, so I'm happy to assist with guard/cleanup duty while everyone heads for the water.

Hey guys-

I called the Parks & Rec people and they verified we don't need to reserve a pavilion. I'm sure grabbing one early in the day won't be an issue. I'll try to pop by this weekend sometime and check for electrical connections--I doubt they'd have them, but you never know.

Also, as Jim mentioned, I won't be diving as I'll be flying for work the next day, so I'm happy to assist with guard/cleanup duty while everyone heads for the water.

Krista,
Last year we invaded the pavilion closest to the restrooms. Gave us more room, and perhaps would also provide the best chance for electric hook-ups. One other thing, the tables were filthy, between people not cleaning them up after being used, and the birds all over them. Maybe if somebody had those huge rolls of paper to cover the tables, or if not, disposable tableclothes. If you do stop by there, how many tables are we talking, so that you (we) can be prepared. Also, last year we had nothing to inject the birds with. Still don't know if I can make, but I do have an injection kit if you want to borrow it, and remember, we had to run out to the grocery to pick up some marinade.

Hope this helps.............

Donna and I are bringing a Veggie Tray. I am also bringing a propane camp stove (also some propane). I will do my best to guestimate how many veggies 40 people will eat. Usually most people don't eat nearly as much of them as I do, but they will be there for munching before the meal if you all would like that.

Joyce--I was planning to (try to remember to) bring some throwaway paper tablecloths. Good points. ON the injection--do you mean sauce, or the tool to inject with? I'm planning on getting some sauce as well. In other words, I'm watching and keeping a list of the little things that will be needed. :)

Dennis--I'll eat all the carrots you can bring! Publix has a yummy southwestern flavored veggie dip, too. :)

Ok here's the deal I have taken Nov 22nd threw 28th off yep me little O'l me is getting to leave the Keys. So let me have it I can bring hot food as well as cold
Corn on the Cob / Butter
Chips / Dips
Sweet Tea

I'll be staying in the Condo on the beach so I can cook anything and bring anything.

I will be staying at a condo by the Hallendale Fire Dept on the beach, the one with the big water tower that looks like a colorful balloon. Where is the nearest fill station for my tanks?
Thanks for your help

I will be staying at a condo by the Hallendale Fire Dept on the beach, the one with the big water tower that looks like a colorful balloon. Where is the nearest fill station for my tanks?
Thanks for your help

Coastal Marine is about 15 minutes north-A1A to Dania Beach Blvd. Plug Dania Beach Blvd into the Tom Tom GPS, once you park it, you're on your own:rofl3:

Krista,
Last year we invaded the pavilion closest to the restrooms. Gave us more room, and perhaps would also provide the best chance for electric hook-ups. One other thing, the tables were filthy, between people not cleaning them up after being used, and the birds all over them. Maybe if somebody had those huge rolls of paper to cover the tables, or if not, disposable tableclothes. .

Hope this helps.............

I have a big roll of table covering. I'll bring it and duct tape

Last edited:
Coastal Diving is about 15 minutes north-A1A to Dania Beach Blvd. Plug Dania Beach Blvd into the Tom Tom GPS, once you park it, you're on your own:rofl3:
Why didn't you just tell her that ForceE is right in front of the bridge on Blue Heron Bvd... $5 air fills while you wait? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom