Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valhalla,

If you bring another turkey, that makes 3 and should be enough. I'll bring something else. Not sure what, but it will be simple since I will be busy from the time I get to FL until I leave for VA on Sunday morning, early. Krista and Jim, if you want to give me a suggestion or need something in particular, say so.

What pound range?

I'm bringing extra tanks because I am staying for a few more days and want to get some diving/spearing/lobstering in up there.
KEWL I hope I get to beach dive or kayak dive with you while you are in Hallandale!

Do we have enough people for three turkeys? If we do, I'll get there even earlier to start frying them. Regardless of how many turkeys we fry, the last one goes in the oil no later than 11:30.

Looks like we have about 39 people, so if everyone had 1/2 lb of turkey, that's almost 20 lbs. I will never eat that much and most of us won't, so 2 turkeys should be ok. I'll think of something else, and I will bring my propane camp stove just in case it is needed.

Great, that will be two propane stoves, very helpful. I'm bringing one for Sandy to heat up the mac n cheese and it would be great to have yours for gravy, hot water for cocoa and coffee, etc.

Speaking of which is there electricity near where we'll be doing this? I'd be willing to bring my coffee pot if there is.

I will also bring something else, but I'm waiting until a few days before to see what is needed to fill in the gaps.

Do we have enough people for three turkeys? If we do, I'll get there even earlier to start frying them. Regardless of how many turkeys we fry, the last one goes in the oil no later than 11:30.

How many people did we have last year? I think we cooked up 2 turkeys, and I hardly got a couple bites of it by the time I went for some.

Now that Debby mentions it, I don't think we had any gravy last year, but I could be mistaken (old timer's disease). Is anybody bringing mashed potatoes and/or gravy?

I'll be happy to fry 3 turkeys, but unless we have a second fryer, we'll need to start earlier.

Actually, if there is electricity there, I can bring a two burner electrical stove and also a huge electric frypan (I hope they still work, haven't used them in a decade but they are still clean). And a coffee pot and a hot water pot for hot chocolate, and an extension cord and power strip for the whole shebang. I'm just sayin'! :wink:

Also, I'll be bringing my Sun Shower for apres-dive hot water rinseoffs. I left it on the roof of my car while diving, and it was GREATLY appreciated by some after a winter dive up there last year. If anyone else has a Sun Shower, please bring it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom