Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be leaving the Keys around 9:30am to make sure I get there on time.
I like the idea of getting there early and having a beach dinner and than diving. That way maybe I can find my way to my Condo before it gets to late. TomTom is great but I don't listen to him to well.:idk: I think it's because I hate it when a man tells me what to do :rofl3:

Will the boy's be safe on the beach? Will someone be on topside or should I drop them off at the Condo first and than come?
Promise after this no more questions.
Becka, let's talk, you could follow me up there and back. I'd offer to drive all of us in my car, but I don't have room for you, Slate, the boys, and all the dive gear in my Honda. I think the boys would be plenty safe on the beach.

p.s. I can show you how to change your TomTom to a woman's voice.

Nancy and I will arrive early (about 8:30) and start heating up the oil. The earlier we can have the turkeys there, the better. I'll start frying as soon as the oil is hot enough. I expect that will be about 9:30 - 9:45. Before we can dive, I have to heat the oil, fry two turkeys and let the oil cool down.

Since I plan to hit the water at 4, the last turkey needs to be finished cooking by 1. If it's not ready to go into the oil by 11:30, it's not going in. Last year we didn't plan for cooling time.

Becka, since you're bringing a turkey, you might want to start a tad earlier, it's a long haul.

Nancy and I will arrive early (about 8:30) and start heating up the oil. The earlier we can have the turkeys there, the better. I'll start frying as soon as the oil is hot enough. I expect that will be about 9:30 - 9:45. Before we can dive, I have to heat the oil, fry two turkeys and let the oil cool down.

Since I plan to hit the water at 4, the last turkey needs to be finished cooking by 1. If it's not ready to go into the oil by 11:30, it's not going in. Last year we didn't plan for cooling time.

Becka, since you're bringing a turkey, you might want to start a tad earlier, it's a long haul.

Thanks for the heads. I will plan on leaving around 5am that way I know I am there on time. I hate being late.

Debby that sounds great I will give you a call. Slate will be bringing his own truck and I will be in my little SUV. I'm bringing extra tanks because I am staying for a few more days and want to get some diving/spearing/lobstering in up there.

Or, perhaps Walter could bring another turkey and you reimburse him? To save you from having to get up so early. It's a 2-1/2 hour drive from your home to the park. Approx. 1-1/2 hours to my house or to the condo, one hour from my house to BHB.

Can Slate fit all of us and our dive gear in his truck for the hour ride to BHB? If not, let's try to get into two cars and caravan up and back together. No need to take all three vehicles, and that way nobody gets lost...my car knows the way to the bridge. :wink:

Well, I suppose we will be getting there early. It looks like we may need another turkey. If so Krista, say so and I will bring one.

Still don't know if I'll be able to make it or not. But maybe one suggestion. With all this talk of turkey, how about pre-cooking one or two, to cut down on the cooking time? After all, with only one deep fryer, allowing one hour for the oil to heat, and another hour per bird to cook them, logistically, this could be a nightmare.

Valhalla,

If you bring another turkey, that makes 3 and should be enough. I'll bring something else. Not sure what, but it will be simple since I will be busy from the time I get to FL until I leave for VA on Sunday morning, early. Krista and Jim, if you want to give me a suggestion or need something in particular, say so.

All of this would permit Becky to sleep a little longer, making for a safer drive AND dive! Thanks y'all...Becky why don't you bring corn on the cob only?

Debby, it would make a lot of sense for Becky to bring the corn. I could bring the 3rd turkey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom