Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cookies and brownies it is! I'm driving down from tallahassee so its an easy food...

Yeah, looks like you guys are right.

So, then the question back for attendees--do you want to have an earlier afternoon fry/party, then dive and head out immediately after?

OR, dive, then head to my house after for the "party"? I have a grill and backyard that can accommodate the group, and am 10-15 minutes due west......and, of course, no pesky alcohol regulations (well, besides the one that states you must offer some to the hostess. :) ).

So.......time to vote.
I'm good with either venue and either time frame.

Krista, I thought the park closed at sundown:

Phil Foster Park

Yeah, looks like you guys are right.

So, then the question back for attendees--do you want to have an earlier afternoon fry/party, then dive and head out immediately after?

OR, dive, then head to my house after for the "party"? I have a grill and backyard that can accommodate the group, and am 10-15 minutes due west......and, of course, no pesky alcohol regulations (well, besides the one that states you must offer some to the hostess. :) ).

So.......time to vote.

Party is planned for Phil Foster Park at Blue Heron Bridge. We'll dive based on high tide, then get food/party going.

Dive: Arrive around 3:30/4:00. High tide at the bridge that day (Saturday, November 28) is 4:43 PM. Generally, you hit the water about 1/2 hour before high tide, and exit about 1/2 hour after. Jim stretches his dive to a solid two hours.

Party: The food and partying will likely get going about 5:30/6:00. Park is open until 10:00 PM.

Rain/Snow/Sleet/Hail/Hurricane: We'll ONLY head to my house (10 minutes away) if either the weather does not cooperate, or, we keep going so late that we have to move venues. :)
Hmmm, last I saw the sign at the front stated that the park closed at 10PM and boat ramps were open 24hrs, but let's go by the web site (Closes at sundown)

The plan... It's a lunch and afternoon picnic with time to pack everything away before the dive...

Soooo....

We'll begin meeting at 10:00 AM with a planned turkey starting around 11-11:30 until...

There's plenty of beach and water to play in for anyone who is/isn't diving...Then, break the picnic down and suit up for the dive.

There are some regulars like me who are able to dive any time during the incoming tide. We won't stop those of you who can do it and enjoy it. I'll be a good host and wait until everything get broken down and put where it belongs before I go diving :D

Given this updated park time frame how does that sit with everyone?

Jim, you are there all the time and this event is still a couple of weeks out. Could you confirm with the city or the park rangers on the closing time?

I say party early. Dive later depending on tides and sunset, if that is the case.
Unless there is a risk of cramps.

Last year I brought "pop". This time I am thinking cranberry relish and "pop".

What dive? This is South Florida. There is always "tomorrow".

Anybody interested in an ocean dive charter in the morning then hangout at BHB? I am an ocean guy. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom