Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll bring paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags

Put me down as tentative. I'll monitor the list and see what I can bring as we get closer to the date.

Well then, I better bring (store bought) popcorn, because it's very likely that I'm going to burn that chipotle mac n cheese. :wink:
Debby, if you want to send the chipotle man n cheese recipe to me I'll try to recreate it for you.
Count me in.
Welcome, leo! Ladies, you are in for a real treat leo is a hottie, and one of the best dive buddies a person could ever wish for.
Welcome to the fold leo!!! We caught a new one!! :D :D (Insert evil cackle here!).
Krista, cackle all you want, he can (and will) cackle back! He's definitely a keeper!

On another note, we had 3 turkeys last year and it all went quickly, so we may want to bring a couple more....two isn't gonna cut it. Just a thought.

So requested, so provided.

Attendees
Jim - pulled pork
Krista - salsa & oil
Walter & Nancy - fryer & oil
Jenny & Julie- pie
Sandy - 1 turkey
Brian - soda & rum
Dennis S - Stuffing (lots)
Showboat & Joni
deeper thoughts & spouse
Shark Bait (Kevin) & Jacynth
clofty & family (4 total) - something untraditional (and Tim Tams)
Bulla Family--2 adults, 3 rugrats
Debbydiver--Chipotle Mac' N Cheese or Popcorn with a side of "oops". :)
scubajohn69--tables!
leo5591--
LJMongy +2 (paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags)

Tenative
DennisW & Donna
speargirl (Becky) - Turkey
MB - Manatee Burgers
joystershell

So, that's 30-ish. Anyone coming that may be travelling from afar, or are not comfortable with cooking, it's always handy to bring dry goods: plates, napkins, plastic utensils, trash bags.

Also, anyone who can bring platters, bowls, etc, and some large utensils to help with the turkey would be great! I have some, but seem to recall last year an additional tong or long fork would have been helpful!

I've added Lisa (LJMongy) to the "definites" list.

Debby, if you want to send the chipotle man n cheese recipe to me I'll try to recreate it for you.
I knew there was a reason that I love you! :kiss2: I will send it to you.

For the record, I did buy some of those Kraft Mac N Cheese things on sale about 22 years ago and made them. Nobody died. :rofl3: Haven't made that since, though.

BTW I'm not really bringing popcorn, if that could come off the list...I think that closer to the date, I'll look for something I can contribute that I don't have to cook. Much safer for all that way.
Attendees
Jim - pulled pork
Krista - salsa & oil
Walter & Nancy - fryer & oil
Jenny & Julie- pie
Sandy - 1 turkey
Brian - soda & rum
Dennis S - Stuffing (lots)
Showboat & Joni
deeper thoughts & spouse
Shark Bait (Kevin) & Jacynth
clofty & family (4 total) - something untraditional (and Tim Tams)
Bulla Family--2 adults, 3 rugrats
DebbyDiver & C.M.G.--chairs? and other things TBD
scubajohn69--tables!
leo5591--
LJMongy +2 (paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags)

Tentative
DennisW & Donna
speargirl (Becky) - Turkey
MB - Manatee Burgers
joystershell

HEAD'S UP!!!

Stolen from the Venice event's thread:
Guidelines for turkeys to be fried... (VERY IMPORTANT)

DO NOT BUY BUTTERBALL turkeys... they are injected with alot of water... not good for frying. Buy cheap "young" turkeys. It's ok... they fry the best.

13-15lb size is best. This weight is the size that will max out the fryer's capacity... therefore most "bang" for the buck (and cooking time).

The birds must be thouroughly defrosted... no exceptions. Please make sure the giblits are removed and the cavern is completely thawed and washed out. This is the number 1 reason for splatter, burns, and fires.

We DO NOT have running water at the cooking site to clean the birds!!

The oil will preheat for almost an hour to reach the right temp. The birds cook 3.5 min/lb. 15 lb bird cooks in about 55 minutes. Please make sure the birds arrive in time to cook properly.

Crossing my fingers I can make it for my first time diving the Bridge (relatives flying in). Might just have to tell everyone to entertain themselves on Saturday while I go diving. It looks so awesome...:daydreaming:

HEAD'S UP!!!

Stolen from the Venice event's thread:

Thanks for the reminder, Debby. I think you (or someone) posted that for us last year, too, but it's good to know so all those bringing turkey will bring the right kind prepared properly. Turkeys have to be completely dry before going in the oil!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom