Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Updating for Sandy and me:
Attendees
Jim - pulled pork
Krista - salsa & oil
Walter & Nancy - fryer & oil
Jenny & Julie- pie
Sandy - 1 turkey, Chipotle Mac N Cheese
Brian - soda & rum
Dennis S - Stuffing (lots)
Showboat & Joni
deeper thoughts & spouse
Shark Bait (Kevin) & Jacynth
clofty & family (4 total) - something untraditional (and Tim Tams)
Bulla Family--2 adults, 3 rugrats
DebbyDiver & C.M.G.-- 2 burner propane stove, 2 pots, can bring chairs
scubajohn69--tables!
leo5591--
LJMongy +2 (paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags)

Tentative
DennisW & Donna
speargirl (Becky) - Turkey
MB - Manatee Burgers
joystershell

Better be sure. Now that she's a working girl.............. and it's a holiday weekend.

We never did get our corn on the cob at MegaDive. :depressed:

I AM IN !!!!! Infact I am dragging Slate with me so I know I can go :rofl3:
Working two jobs can be a little overwhelming at times but I am getting it worked out. I will be staying after the event for a couple of days just to chill out and have some fun with my boy's. :D

I can bring a Turkey and some Corn on the Cob. Can't wait to see everyone:kiss2:

It worked out so well last year because everyone pitched in to make it a success...

Here we go again!

High tide schedule - 4:43 PM

Entering the water 3:35 PM - 3:50 PM, diving Blue Heron Bridge (water temp - 75 - 78F) ... last year's morning bottom temp was 75

Exit the water 5:30 PM - 5:45 PM....
----

The park is open until 10:00 PM, so...

Picnic Party to follow the dives (it will be over before 10 PM or we continue it at KBeck's place!)

I'll bring BBQ Pulled Pork...

Anyone else interested?

So what time is everyone getting there and the beach party is not at the beach it's at K-Becks house? I need directions to her house. So this is realy a night thing and not a day beach dive? Am I getting this right.

Party is planned for Phil Foster Park at Blue Heron Bridge. We'll dive based on high tide, then get food/party going.

Dive: Arrive around 3:30/4:00. High tide at the bridge that day (Saturday, November 28) is 4:43 PM. Generally, you hit the water about 1/2 hour before high tide, and exit about 1/2 hour after. Jim stretches his dive to a solid two hours.

Party: The food and partying will likely get going about 5:30/6:00. Park is open until 10:00 PM.

Rain/Snow/Sleet/Hail/Hurricane: We'll ONLY head to my house (10 minutes away) if either the weather does not cooperate, or, we keep going so late that we have to move venues. :)

I'm not sure if I know any of you guys, I am very bad with names much less SB avatars but I will definitely be there and hopefully bring some more people along. If there is anything that needs to be brought, let me know! I hope to meet everyone there...

Hi folks, it looks like Donna and I will be able to make the dive and picnic. I have one question, though. The Phil Foster Park web site Phil Foster Park says the park is open from sunrise to sunset. Sunset is about 5:20pm on the 28th. So, is the park web site wrong, or did someone get permission for us to stay after the park closes?

Yeah, looks like you guys are right.

So, then the question back for attendees--do you want to have an earlier afternoon fry/party, then dive and head out immediately after?

OR, dive, then head to my house after for the "party"? I have a grill and backyard that can accommodate the group, and am 10-15 minutes due west......and, of course, no pesky alcohol regulations (well, besides the one that states you must offer some to the hostess. :) ).

So.......time to vote.

Attendees
Jim - pulled pork
Krista - salsa & oil
Walter & Nancy - fryer & oil
Jenny & Julie- pie
Sandy - 1 turkey, Chipotle Mac N Cheese
Brian - soda & rum
Dennis S - Stuffing (lots)
Showboat & Joni
deeper thoughts & spouse
Shark Bait (Kevin) & Jacynth
clofty & family (4 total) - something untraditional (and Tim Tams)
Bulla Family--2 adults, 3 rugrats
DebbyDiver & C.M.G.-- 2 burner propane stove, 2 pots, can bring chairs
scubajohn69--tables!
leo5591--
LJMongy +2 (paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags)
speargirl (Becky) & Slate - Turkey; corn on the cob
DennisW & Donna
zaberman1 + ? -- ?

Tentative
MB - Manatee Burgers
joystershell
scubagirlfl
imwright1985

zaberman---welcome to the group!!! If you look at many of our profiles, you may recognize a few from the bridge if you go often. Cooltech (Jim) is there a lot, especially. Come as you are; bring whatever works for you--if you're not much of a chef, looks like maybe some dessert items can fill in, or chips. I'm always interested in cookies and brownies..... mmmmm. :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom