Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/27) BHB Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The kind of treats served by GOOD DM's upon reboarding after a boat dive.
ie, pineapple chunks, orange slices, sliced apples with caramel.
Well...up North we have this mate who stuffs pork tenderloin in your mouth right of the grill, before you even get off the ladder.

I honestly do not believe anyone would be cited using a properly dive flag marked lift-bag or your device. The mere challenge would interest me. I hate being told what to do. Let's have Dan lead a outing.
But the reason they tell you not to do it is because it's stupid and dangerous. A lift bag would at least stand out, and a dive flag would be within the law, but...ever see what happens when a boat hits a crab pot or fish trap? I have a slow little sail boat, and the one I took a direct hit on because I didn't see it, had it been a dive flag instead of a trap, there likely would have been a blended diver's head in my prop, before I knew what had happened.

The channels are marked for navigational purposes, not for playing in. There are plenty of horrible boaters out there, but expecting them to avoid you in the middle of a channel, where they're supposed to be and you're not, is a little unreasonable, and a dangerous assumption. I suggest you take a boating course, spend some time on the water, behind the wheel, and then decide if you think this dive still sounds like a good idea.

Oh yeah...and that park is just a short dinghy ride from my new mooring. Hell yeah I'll be there. :D

Donna and I are in.
Fantastic!

BTW...I will bring a buttermilk pie and a Neiman Marcus coffee cake for those of you who have given up trying to keep a perfect figure during the Holidays. :)
Great! I'll add it to the list soon!

jimw and divedivadm will bring macaroni and cheese and cupcakes--the good cook has been consulted!!
Wise choice to consult the cook :wink:

Well...up North we have this mate who stuffs pork tenderloin in your mouth right of the grill, before you even get off the ladder....

...Oh yeah...and that park is just a short dinghy ride from my new mooring. Hell yeah I'll be there. :D
We look forward to meeting you and having pork tenderloin delivered to the shore's edge :D

bhbdivetrollspitch.gif

Good post. #2 is violated everyday by Palm Beach & Jupiter Inlet based charters. Divers are scattered all over the place with only their SMB's for protection from boat traffic until they can be retrieved.

I honestly do not believe anyone would be cited using a properly dive flag marked lift-bag or your device. The mere challenge would interest me. I hate being told what to do. Let's have Dan lead a outing.

Weather permitting, let's do this!

DanV

We look forward to meeting you and having pork tenderloin delivered to the shore's edge :D
Tenderloin it is! But I'm not a DM.

So, is that the T-shirt we're all getting?

Or maybe Grunzster will be taking us on a short dinghy ride to wine and dine.:eyebrow:
FINE! I'll bring the wet bar. Cooler full of beer, and dinghy anchored just off the park. :eyebrow:

So far it looks like this:

pulled pork
salsa
oil (for the turkey fryer) 3 gallons - cottonseed or canola - make sure there are no traces or nuts or nut oil - Nancy & Walter - 1 gallon
fryer - Nancy & Walter
pie
1 turkey - D2Diver
Chipotle Mac N Cheese
soda & mur
Stuffing (lots) - DennisS
something untraditional (and Tim Tams)
paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags
corn on the cob
1 turkey - CoolTech & KBeck
pineapple chunks, orange slices, sliced apples with caramel - DMDavid
Rice Krispy Bars - Reef_Haven
fresh cranberry relish and barley pops - Splitlip
fresh veggie platter - jet126
homemade dill dip - jet126
case of bottled water - jet126
sodas, cups, & ice - Shark Bait!
buttermilk pie and a Neiman Marcus coffee cake - BlueEyedDiver
macaroni and cheese - jimw & divedivadm
cupcakes - jimw & divedivadm
pork tenderloin - grunzster
Scuba_Jenny & Hermit Crab
BigdogDown
DennisW & Donna

We can use a couple more gallons of oil.

Donna and I will bring a gallon of oil, likely Canola and Donna will still likely bring more veggies. Can't have enough veggies. So jet126, bring all the veggies you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom