Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/27) BHB Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add me for a gallon of canola oil. Will add more to bring to the list as I figure out what to bring, and what is needed.

Jim is anyone bringing a turkey cooker or is 1 enough? I have 1 with a 30gal tank. Let me know....
In the past, we have used one fryer and 3 turkeys. It has worked out well, but I am not the person using the fryer. I will leave this up to Walter who has been cooking the turkeys for all previous meetings.

Add me for a gallon of canola oil. Will add more to bring to the list as I figure out what to bring, and what is needed.
Great! KBeck is also in for a gallon of oil. That makes three gallons.

Walter, is 3 gallons enough? We appear to be just a bit smaller group this year vs. last year. Last year we counted between 60 & 65 total people at the party

60-65! Was there actually room in the water? Or were there also a lot of non-diving family/friends?

60-65! Was there actually room in the water? Or were there also a lot of non-diving family/friends?

Oh it's not so bad having a bunch of dive buddies with you.
stingray-city-sandbar.jpg

We appear to be just a bit smaller group this year vs. last year. Last year we counted between 60 & 65 total people at the party

Put me down for 2: I'm bringing Tall Guy. Nov 27 is actually our wedding anniversary so I suppose we should spend it together. Although #28 is not exactly a big whoop-tee-do.:D

Jet, 28 is great. Donna and I are working on 32. Very cool.

Jim, if I bring a gallon, that makes 4 I think. Add them up again and let me know if I should bring one.

Update:

Items in red are not on the list for anyone to bring. We can get by without most of them, but plates, napkins, etc. would be nice to have.

pulled pork
salsa
oil (for the turkey fryer) 3 gallons - cottonseed or canola - make sure there are no traces or nuts or nut oil - Nancy & Walter - 1 gallon, Dennis & Donna - 1 gallon, Scuba_Jenny & Hermit Crab - 1 gallon, KBeck - 1 gallon
fryer - Nancy & Walter
pie
1 turkey - D2Diver
Chipotle Mac N Cheese
soda & mur
Stuffing (lots) - DennisS
something untraditional (and Tim Tams)
paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags
corn on the cob
1 turkey - CoolTech & KBeck
pineapple chunks, orange slices, sliced apples with caramel - DMDavid
Rice Krispy Bars - Reef_Haven
fresh cranberry relish and barley pops - Splitlip
fresh veggie platter - jet126 & Tall Guy, DennisW & Donna
homemade dill dip - jet126 & Tall Guy
case of bottled water - jet126 & Tall Guy
sodas, cups, & ice - Shark Bait!
buttermilk pie and a Neiman Marcus coffee cake - BlueEyedDiver
macaroni and cheese - jimw & divedivadm
cupcakes - jimw & divedivadm
pork tenderloin - grunzster
potato salad & corn salad - oceanbound & DaveBigdogDown

Scubarus66:
Jim is anyone bringing a turkey cooker or is 1 enough? I have 1 with a 30gal tank. Let me know....

One fryer should be plenty, two would speed things up, but would require more oil. A 30 gallon fryer is way too big.

CoolTech:
Walter, is 3 gallons enough?

We have 4 gallons lined up. If that's a little too much, we can save it for next year. Things are looking good on oil.

DennisW:
Jim, if I bring a gallon, that makes 4 I think. Add them up again and let me know if I should bring one.

Bring it. It makes 4, but it's better to be a little over than a little under.

I think I made 2 key lime pies last year, and make them again.

:turkey: is in the freezer waiting to move to the thrawing stage next week.
I am debating what else to bring. Need to find out what my other carpool dive buddies are thinking of bringing so we can coordinate.
Is anyone not diving or do we start the process after the dive? I see HT is 12:22

How late do y'all plan on hanging out up there? I'm working my day job till 6pm, but am off the hook from my night job. Would love to see everybody, but couldn't get up there till around 7 pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom