Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/27) BHB Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another question from a newbie......never been in saltwater.....about 6 extra pounds of weight seem right or should I bring more?

Thanks!!!
That depends on your total body mass and weight but for the average weight and mass I would say yes.

Just for info.....am I understanding correctly that there is only the one dive that day? How about other cool places to dive in the area if I arrived a day early or stayed an additional day? I'm coming from the Ocala area, so it is quite a trip for one day with only one dive. I'll come anyway :D ....... just trying to optimize the trip. :wink:
It is my understanding that there are two separate dives going on at the same time, one being the BHB and the other is the inlet which is being discussed in a seperate thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5531458-post33.html.

Donna and I are in. Since some else got the veggie tray. We will think of something else. Not sure what yet, but we will think of something. It has to be easy because we are driving down to Sebastian from Willyburg, VA on Wednesday and heading back on Monday. I'll never do that drive again on the Sunday after T'day.

Thanks DMDavid for the added weight for saltwater advice. I think I'll look for something a little less risky than the inlet dive on this first trip. :)

BTW...I will bring a buttermilk pie and a Neiman Marcus coffee cake for those of you who have given up trying to keep a perfect figure during the Holidays. :)

I saw two Hazard to Navigation tickets issued. The ticket is $55!

We've had this exact discussion many times on the way out to sites in Jupiter and PB...

Well, there were at least two tickets issued to divers this past summer at BHB for being a hazard in the channel. I don't know any of them personally, but I saw one getting the ticket and heard 3rd party about the other... I can only verify one :wink:

Count me in!! I joined the Megadive over Halloween and am ready for MORE!!! Great to meet new folks to dive with.

Just for info.....am I understanding correctly that there is only the one dive that day? How about other cool places to dive in the area if I arrived a day early or stayed an additional day? I'm coming from the Ocala area, so it is quite a trip for one day with only one dive. I'll come anyway :D ....... just trying to optimize the trip. :wink:

Another question from a newbie......never been in saltwater.....about 6 extra pounds of weight seem right or should I bring more?

Thanks!!!
Welcome to the party! And, welcome to ScubaBoard!

Couple of questions before I recommend anything.

• How long is your longest dive to date?
  • How many shore dives are you used to doing in a day?
  • You have only been diving in springs, grottoes and other holes in the earth?
  • At 40' how long does a tank of air last for you in the springs?

I ask these questions because salt water and fresh water can be two different shore diving worlds. With Blue Heron Bridge deepest portions being around 20' it is quite common to spend 2-2 1/2 hours underwater and have an average depth of 10' during your dive.

2-2 1/2 hours underwater as a new diver still working on trim and buoyancy can be a large task load as well as very draining both physically and mentally. Add a party on the back end and it's a full day

Donna and I are in. Since some else got the veggie tray. We will think of something else. Not sure what yet, but we will think of something. It has to be easy because we are driving down to Sebastian from Willyburg, VA on Wednesday and heading back on Monday. I'll never do that drive again on the Sunday after T'day.

I can give up the veggie tray if it's easier for you given the distance you're coming. I will still make my dill dip - and will think of something else to bring as well.

I can give up the veggie tray if it's easier for you given the distance you're coming. I will still make my dill dip - and will think of something else to bring as well.

Thanks for the offer, but not to worry. We will think of something on the drive down from VA. Likely something low carb. I have to watch my carbs. Type 2 diabetic and I control it tightly. We are coming down on Wednesday, pulling a trailer this time. We are moving guest room furniture from one house to the other along with a sofa and other miscellaneous items.

Cottonseed oil is pretty difficult to find, but Canola oil also works quite well. Read the warning to make sure there are no traces of peanut (or other nuts) oil. Some folks do have nut allergies.

Good tip Walter.

I've fried a butt load of turkeys in peanut oil over the years. In hind sight, non of my friends with nut allergies attended (thankfully).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom