Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/27) BHB Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AFAIK, I will be there. I brought fresh cranberry relish and barley pops the last couple years, and plan to do the same. I'll watch the thread and see what else is needed. I'm only about 20 min away, so I am flexible.

While this option seems to be an exceptional (and to me, logical) way to make this safe and work...

The following is from Chapter 27 of the 2003 Florida Statutes:
#2 seems to be the catch (with additional assistance from #3 and #4)...

As it was interpreted to me by a FWC officer;
(my words from the interpretation not direct quotes from the officer)

The divers-down flag must be flown in the area where divers are shore diving. A divers-down flag inside the channel is either an emergency or a navigational hazard
----
Much like some of the tools found in the link you provided, I have constructed my own dive float that allows me to pull it underwater for a period of time and then deploy it again once I am in a safe area to deploy.

Thanks for the link

Good post. #2 is violated everyday by Palm Beach & Jupiter Inlet based charters. Divers are scattered all over the place with only their SMB's for protection from boat traffic until they can be retrieved.

I honestly do not believe anyone would be cited using a properly dive flag marked lift-bag or your device. The mere challenge would interest me. I hate being told what to do. Let's have Dan lead a outing.

Good post. #2 is violated everyday by Palm Beach & Jupiter Inlet based charters. Divers are scattered all over the place with only their SMB's for protection from boat traffic until they can be retrieved.
We've had this exact discussion many times on the way out to sites in Jupiter and PB...

I honestly do not believe anyone would be cited using a properly dive flag marked lift-bag or your device. The mere challenge would interest me. I hate being told what to do. Let's have Dan lead a outing.
Well, there were at least two tickets issued to divers this past summer at BHB for being a hazard in the channel. I don't know any of them personally, but I saw one getting the ticket and heard 3rd party about the other... I can only verify one :wink:

LOL.

I'd be interested too. I actually rigged a a dive flag to my Carter. (since lost).

I would love to come it's ok. I will bring a fresh veggie platter with my secret homemade dill dip and a case of bottled water. I'm not a big fan of mur ... is a bottle of eniw appropriate?
Joanie

I would love to come it's ok. I will bring a fresh veggie platter with my secret homemade dill dip and a case of bottled water. I'm not a big fan of mur ... is a bottle of eniw appropriate?
The party is open to everyone (otherwise it would have been named "... BHB Turkey Fry, except for jet126") :D

veggie platter sounds great...

Just to let everyone know...

Phil Foster Park Rules:

General Park Information

ABANDONED BOATS AND TRAILERSBoats that wash up on shore or are abandoned in the park, as well as trailers abandoned in the parking lots are subject to removal or salvage. Once an abandoned boat and/or trailer are identified, Palm Beach County Sheriffs will be notified. Sheriffs will tag the equipment as per their procedures. If the equipment has serial numbers/registration, an effort will be made to identify and contact the owner. If not, the equipment will be removed and safely stored until County policies allow for disposal.

ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED IN ALL AREAS OF THE PARK

COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIESIt is prohibited to solicit or conduct commercial business on or from park property unless previously authorized in writing by the County. Commercial fishermen are permitted to use the park to launch or retrieve their vessels. Businesses such as dive boats, water taxi services, etc. that would result in increased traffic flow in the park are prohibited with the exception of those permitted by contract with the County.

LOST AND FOUNDPersonal property lost or abandoned in the park will be turned in to the office for temporary storage. Wherever possible, every effort will be made to identify and contact owners. Items not claimed in 30 days will be disposed of as trash or donated to an appropriate community service agency.

NOISE
No person shall make such loud, excessive, unnecessary noise so as to create a nuisance. Noise is considered a nuisance where it produces actual physical discomfort or annoyance to persons of ordinary sensibilities.

PETS
Domesticated animals are permitted in designated areas but must be restrained at all times at a distance not greater than six (6) feet from their handler.

PET WASTEHandlers are required to clean up and properly dispose of any waste produced by their animals.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS
Feeding animals is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized by the Department Director.

VAGRANCY
Phil Foster Park is open for public use from sunrise to sunset with the exception of the boat ramps that are open to the public 24-Hours a day. After hours, the only patrons permitted in the park are those launching or retrieving their vessel from the boat ramps. All others in the park after hours will be considered trespassing and subject to enforcement action.

eniw is nice.

Well, I suppose I'll have to join :). Mur and eniw are great in an unmarked container. I'll watch the offerings and, as usual, fill in the pieces.

Anyone who might be coming from farther away, it's always handy if you'd prefer to bring dry goods (plates, utensils, napkins).

Otherwise, look forward to seeing and diving with everyone again this year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom