San Diego BC's Weekend Aug 23rd/24th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the list M. This weekend is going to be great.

Conditions tonight were down from the last couple nights. Still decent vis below 50-60 feet though. Only saw 3 squid tonight, but did see sharks, rays, and lots of octos.

Kevin,

Man I didn't know you're coming dowm, thats great. It was been a long time. Can't wait to see you man.

Are you on the Marissa or Lois?

This weeekend is getting better and better.

I'm on the Marissa... As much as I'd like to, I can't make the BBQ... :shakehead:

Between you and Rick it'll be like "Old Times" :blinking: Very cool...

No offense meant to anyone, but there's history going back a few years... back when Rick only had 800 or something dives ... :D

Kevin!!!!! Your actualy going to be diving????? Its Amazing.

What's the plan on sunday? Like what time are we meeting, how many dives, etc?

I think its meet around 8 :D and im kinda hoping to get 2 dives in.

Jen and I will get there early to get a spot on the grass.

She and I will probably do an early dive with the scooter then maybe a second dive.

I'm sure people will be going in and out of the water all day.

I've dove the shores uh... twice I think and saw a whole lot of sand, sand dollars, and a rays here and there. There were some interesting white kelp like beds down below 100 ft. Are there other interesting things there? I like the deepness of the canyon itself, it's very interesting.

Leopard sharks, horn sharks, squid, huge rays, small rays, octos, some nudi's, gorgonians. Just a few things I've seen this week alone.

A lot of it is timing. Some dives you just see more then others.

The trick is to get to the point or a deeper wall where the stuff hangs out at.

The kick to and from the walls is usually a lot of sand and sand dollars right now.

Oh yeah. Vis was still good this morning. We saw 40-50 foot at Murray Point. Closer to shores was in the 15-25 range, depending on your depth.

Just a couple tips on the Marissa

Its a smaller boat and will be crowded. Bring only what you need. I'll usually have my rig set up with tank and regs when I get there so I can just put it on the boat and be out of everyone's way.

The ride out to the Yukon is short. After we get our tanks on we'll usually put our dry/wet suits on in the parking lot.

Don't bring the huge dive bags. There's just not room for many. Mesh bags or small baskets work great.

They do supply tanks and weights if needed.

Be ready for some good diving, the conditions have been great all week.

Just a couple tips on the Marissa - Its a smaller boat and will be crowded.

Good thing I'll be on the Lois Ann tomorrow!

It is full as well but I'm looking forward to meeting other SB'rs tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom