San Diego BC's Weekend Aug 23rd/24th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am from LA. I've never dived LA Jolla shore before so I wanted to come and hear the site briefing. Can I come? I'll bring a buddy. PM me with more details.

Of course you can come New and old are welcome :D Just show up and join in the fun. I sent you a pm with the details :D

Vis was a solid 30 feet tonight at the shores, even a nice blue color to it. Jen and I were in awe at the North Wall by how far we could see.

We even had a sea lion buzz us.

Of course you can come New and old are welcome :D Just show up and join in the fun. I sent you a pm with the details :D

I might bring a buddy, but put me on the list for a bunch of bananas. Potassium is great for a dive. Where is the map for the sunday meet?

I might bring a buddy, but put me on the list for a bunch of bananas. Potassium is great for a dive. Where is the map for the sunday meet?

Hi Icejon,

Welcome! It will be nice to meet you, at the picnic. I put you down for the Bananas, and put you on the attendance.

Rick

I'm really looking forward to the dives on Saturday. I've never been to San Diego to dive. What can you tell me about the Lois Ann that isn't on their website? Room for cameras, gear bags, etc?

I'm really looking forward to the dives on Saturday. I've never been to San Diego to dive. What can you tell me about the Lois Ann that isn't on their website? Room for cameras, gear bags, etc?

The Louis Ann is a decent size boat and has plenty of room for your gear bag and cameras. They keep a big trashcan full of fresh water for just camera rinsing and there's a dry cabin area for stuff you don't want to get wet.

Does anyone know exactly where to meet for the Marissa? Their website's rather unhelpful, driving directions just shows a spot in the middle of the road. Is there a slip number or something?

Does anyone know exactly where to meet for the Marissa? Their website's rather unhelpful, driving directions just shows a spot in the middle of the road. Is there a slip number or something?

It's the same area as the Louis Anne and very near the Humbolt. I think trying to find slip numbers in that area is pretty difficult however if you look at the map on their website on google maps, switch to a satellite view and you'll see there's a large lot where they mark the address. That's where you park and you just walk over to the boats right in front there and look for it. There's some big shop right there with signs about sports fishing. Once in that lot though, it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

OK, guess I'll just leave myself enough extra time to wander around lookin' for it. Just wanted to make sure there's nothing tricky as I've never been down that way before.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom