Roll CALL!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if anybody has decided yet. Campers will probably park the RVs under the trees on the east side. Don't know where everyone will gather for the entry point; regular place by the dock on the west side or what. Catch 22 used to have a good sized TSD flag but haven't heard from him in quite awhile.

Dee used to have a big banner; I've seen it when I dove with them at Twin Lakes. Guess I should drop into Zendiving and see if she still has it. We do need to get a meeting point established.

Or...maybe someone could bring an old worn-out bed sheet and a can of Krylon...do this in the great DIMWIT tradition! :rofl3:

Me...I'm bringin' my garden hose snorkle.

This will be my first time at this location. The best spot to throw a tent and be close to the divers is always good. Let me know where that spot for my tent and picnic table should be Friday?

r,

SO

Catch 22 used to have a good sized TSD flag but haven't heard from him in quite awhile.

Dee used to have a big banner; I've seen it when I dove with them at Twin Lakes. Guess I should drop into Zendiving and see if she still has it. We do need to get a meeting point established.

Or...maybe someone could bring an old worn-out bed sheet and a can of Krylon...do this in the great DIMWIT tradition! :rofl3:
I got a big ol' Texas state flag and an "official" DIMWIT flag (ya'll feel free to design your own :wink:). I'll have them hangin' up wherever I pitch my tent. No clue where that'll be since I've never laid eyes on the place. Not too worried about it though...as long as it's near the water. :D

I normally camp on the east side (take a left after the entrance). I'm usually go either towards the far end of the first set of pavillions or all the way down at the end near the what is commonly referred to as the rescue area or down near the plane. Course there's all kinds of places to camp out there.

The east side has a LOT more trees. The west has a half dozen or so mesquites that produce questionable shade unless youget there in time to grab the pavilion at the very end of the road. If you're from West Texas you may feel more at home on the west side, though.

Generally, if you're there for the day or for classes, you set up on the west side. If you're camping you set up in the east side. But a true DIMWIT sets up wherever he or she wants and and assumes the rest of the people are just idiots that are jealous of his/her creative genius.

The east side has a LOT more trees. The west has a half dozen or so mesquites that produce questionable shade unless youget there in time to grab the pavilion at the very end of the road. If you're from West Texas you may feel more at home on the west side, though.

Generally, if you're there for the day or for classes, you set up on the west side. If you're camping you set up in the east side. But a true DIMWIT sets up wherever he or she wants and and assumes the rest of the people are just idiots that are jealous of his/her creative genius.

I bring my own shade. :)

For a general idea of what the pond looks like, go to their website and click on the photo to enlarge. The top of the photo is west, the entrance is on the south side. This was taken before they added pavilions and other stuff.

Clear Spring Scuba Park is "clearly" different

Or, you could go to google maps and type in Clear Springs Scuba Park and go to the satellite image thing.

For a general idea of what the pond looks like, go to their website and click on the photo to enlarge. The top of the photo is west, the entrance is on the south side. This was taken before they added pavilions and other stuff.

Clear Spring Scuba Park is "clearly" different

Or, you could go to google maps and type in Clear Springs Scuba Park and go to the satellite image thing.

So it looks pretty open (no trees or cabana's) around the plane area is that correct?

That would mean no shade? :shakehead:

r,

SO

Attachments

• updatedcsspmap.jpg
    updatedcsspmap.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 40
The best camping is going to be on the east side (turn right) and that's where all RV's will be. There are some nice groves of trees that we may be able to claim, and we can set up all our tables, chairs, etc. in that area if we want to be in shade... and I'm thinking we do. The pavillions on the west side are very nice, however- but we have a very large crowd coming. For the sake of comfort and sanity, it would really be smarter to stay in the trees, pavillions and easy-ups on the east side for long-term fun. :wink: I get cranky if I get too hot or sunburned.

Fooman and I can bring at least one long folding table and possibly another. If people will just bring what they have, we can find a spot to call Dimwit Swamper's Central. Throw in your folding chairs and a couple extra for anyone who forgets. If everyone will bring a snack or two to share, we will live like hippies. I will bring nametags for everyone. What you do with them is your business, but I will make them available. :)

So, do we need a rum punch or something for Sat. evening?

I'm thinking we should have our own "compound". All the cool cults have their own compound.

I'm thinking we should have our own "compound". All the cool cults have their own compound.

If we set up on the west side, we could call it Compound W... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom