Roatan Airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taca fares were down about $50 from three weeks ago when we bought ours. Just under $800 (with tax and fees) from Los Angeles for late June.

Bought them for $900 in January ($559 + nuisance fees and surcharges) for Easter travel... Continental ORD>IAH>RTB

The time of year for your travel is a big factor.

We can't leave our daughter behind! It's going to be our 1st family vacation abroad and we are really looking forward to it. I know lot's of people travel with babies and toddlers, it's all about planning and being well prepared. We will be staying at West Bay Lodge with Celeste, Milos & Jacob as our hosts. It will be more like staying with family really as we connected with them on our last trip there. I'm still keeping an eye out for good flights out of Toronto. We have now pushed back our vacation to "anytime after July" so hopefully we will find a good flight. =)

Ok good luck. I really like Kayak.com for general shopping, many airlines are horrible about tracking your shopping and jerking you around, but also try Matrix - ITA Software which seems to have a lot of good tools.

Making predictions is always risky, but oil prices have dropped in the wake of the catastrophe in Japan. We may have seen a short term peak in all airline ticket prices. As for Roatan, the high season in the Caribbean ends around April 15th.

Fly Sunwing out of Toronto April 11 for $645 return,tax included.

Now that flight is $585 including a whopping $270 in tax. The only downside to travelling with a 27 month old is that if you were travelling 3 months ago he/she would have been free.

Yeah, the fees/taxes are the worst part. $270 no matter what the price of the ticket is with Sun Wing. :shocked2: We have pushed back our trip to after September in order to have more time to look for flights (probably with Continental -Toronto,Huston,Roatan), and to get all our papers in order (passport for toddler, renew my own...) I'll keep an eye out, and if I see any good deals for others I will post them! :) We've gotta stick together.

It does suck that we have to pay for 3 seats now that our daughter is more than 24 months, but it does come with it's benefits! She get's her own luggage allowance, and her seat is guaranteed in the event she loves sitting on her own with her ipad during the flight. I'm excited about taking the plane with her for the 1st time! And I can't wait to show her all the fishes in the water! She's gonna go wild!!!! :luxhello:

Yeah, the fees/taxes are the worst part. $270 no matter what the price of the ticket is with Sun Wing. :shocked2: We have pushed back our trip to after September in order to have more time to look for flights (probably with Continental -Toronto,Huston,Roatan), and to get all our papers in order (passport for toddler, renew my own...) I'll keep an eye out, and if I see any good deals for others I will post them! :) We've gotta stick together.

It does suck that we have to pay for 3 seats now that our daughter is more than 24 months, but it does come with it's benefits! She get's her own luggage allowance, and her seat is guaranteed in the event she loves sitting on her own with her ipad during the flight. I'm excited about taking the plane with her for the 1st time! And I can't wait to show her all the fishes in the water! She's gonna go wild!!!! :luxhello:

Good luck on the search. If I see anything in that timeframe I will let you know. Sometimes Sunwing has decent prices the first week they resume flights to Roatan in the winter around mid December. I have flown Delta and Continental out of Detroit in November for $700-$800. Ouch!

Now that flight is $585 including a whopping $270 in tax. The only downside to travelling with a 27 month old is that if you were travelling 3 months ago he/she would have been free.
So if she can get that, what is the problem? Sounds great.

That price is for 7 days... we are looking to go for 14 days.
We figure, if we're gonna go all the way down there we're gonna get our fill ~ well, kind of! :wink:

A big thanks to everyone for looking around and posting so many ideas :love3:

That price is for 7 days... we are looking to go for 14 days.
We figure, if we're gonna go all the way down there we're gonna get our fill ~ well, kind of! :wink:

A big thanks to everyone for looking around and posting so many ideas :love3:
That does not make sense. Fares vary but they generally depend on round-trip, not how many days? Something odd about that airline?

All I ever do is 7 days trips tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom