Roatan Airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"return ticket"...?

I do prefer round trip tickets really. :silly:

When you're shopping, do keep in mind that SPS stands for Wichita Falls, TX but if you want to go to San Pedro Sula, Honduras then you want SAP - and San Pedro, Belize - San Pedro (SPR) should be avoided as well. :wink:

Marral: We are flying Sunwing Feb 14-21 and the price has stayed at $785 since we booked in November. I just checked and Feb 7-14 is the same $785. Where did you get the $1200 for flight only?

If you don't mind some airport hotels, one can get all the way from Toronto to Roatan even cheaper...

28s54y9.jpg

Delta will do same day flights for $956 on Saturdays: Feb 5 & 12

If you really want to travel on Mondays only, same day flights, that's still easy to do for $1030...

Mon, Feb 7 Depart: 7:00 am Toronto, Canada (YYZ) Air Canada 1226
TACA 423
operated by /TACA INTL 2+ stops
Arrive: 4:05 pm Roatan, Honduras (RTB) TACA 218
operated by /AVIATECA FOR TACA

Mon, Feb 14 Depart: 11:27 am Roatan, Honduras (RTB) TACA 729
operated by /ISLENA TACA 223
operated by /AVIATECA FOR TACA TACA 580
operated by /TACA INTL 2+ stops
Arrive: 11:35 pm Toronto, Canada (YYZ) Air Canada 4858

DandyDon- I'm gonna hire you next time!

Actually, the less expensive alternative you found is awfully long in terms of travel time and stops. That being said, I wish I'd found it. We didn't really want Mondays - I would have preferred the traditional Saturday-Saturday, but the non-stop Sunwing was just too good.

Check Sidestep.com and consider flexible dates that cover an entire week of days each way. Also consider nearby airports.

Then uncheck Redeye if you don't want to travel overnight.

I'm a little late to this thread but wondering, for those who've done it, if it's risky to fly home from Roatan via San Pedro Sula (and then catch the Continental non-stop to Newark) instead of flying Continental the whole way through Houston. I'd save about $200, but the layover in SAP is only an hour so if I miss the Continental flight I'd be in trouble! I haven't heard the greatest things about TACA/Islena which is why I'm asking.

Thanks!

I'm a little late to this thread but wondering, for those who've done it, if it's risky to fly home from Roatan via San Pedro Sula (and then catch the Continental non-stop to Newark) instead of flying Continental the whole way through Houston. I'd save about $200, but the layover in SAP is only an hour so if I miss the Continental flight I'd be in trouble! I haven't heard the greatest things about TACA/Islena which is why I'm asking.

Thanks!

Thanks!
I've always avoided the mainland, sometimes you have to change airports, sometimes you get stuck overnight, etc - worth $200 to me to fly RTB-IAH non-stop. (Oops I was confused on which thread I was on. Maybe no one saw that?)

Right now you can get a return flight from Ft Lauderdale to SPS for about $160 tax in through Spirit if you are a bit flexible with your travel. I can get a return ticket from Detroit to Lauderdale for $120. I believe the bus from SPS to Ceiba is about $50 return and the ferry is about $55 return so all in all about $400 and a little time and adventure could me to the Island and home. I believe the Taca flight from SPS to RTB is also an option but doesn't match up to the flight time very well coming into SPS from Lauderdale. Usually I fly direct but I am going to try the scenic route this time. Anyone with experience on this route please feel free to provide some advice.

Two years ago we flew from Miami to SAP for about 120 each way.. Took TACA to Roatan.. On the way back Taca was shut down so we did ferry, hired a taxi driver to hold 4 with dive gear and drove from LaCieba to SAP. It was an adventure but saved a lot of money with 4 in the family.
Took longer but we also allowed a day for travel each way plus our 8 nights in Roatan.
Might have to consider it again this summer if airfares don't drop. Last summer we picked up flights from Savannah To Roatan for half of what the price was the summer before...
Have fun

Flights from Toronto direct to Roatan (Sun Wing) are still $785 (+$270 taxes) = over $1000.
It's a downer for us because we are now traveling with our 26 month old and she has to have a seat... $1000 extra to have an empty seat next to us because I KNOW she will be sitting on my lap all the way playing with her ipad! (waste of money - I'm quite sad.) So we are going to keep checking to see if other airlines will drop prices after Sun Wing stops it's flights in May. We wouldn't mind traveling with Continental again via Huston. That was a nice flight when we last went in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom