Roatan Airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkpix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking into a trip to Roatan in May, and OMG, the airfares are up so much from the last tine I went out there that it is scary!:amazed:

I'm not looking for someone with a crystal ball (although that would be nice) but has anyone heard any rumors at all about fares coming down in the near future?:psycho:

You just have to keep checking. Our fare last summer were 400 each less than they wanted the summer before. we ending up flying into mainland and going from there.

Wow! I don't see anything under $800 for anytime in the month. Hopefully Continental will do better after they iron out their merger. Set up a daily far alert on Sidestep and renew it as needed...

It would be nice of the country could do more to support air service, like Air Jamaica, Aer Lingus, Icelandic Air and the like. There is one Honduran airline involved in Group TACA: Isleña Airlines with their 3 smaller prop planes. :eek:

I've flown into Roatan first on TACA, then now defunct SOL, next two times on Continental - and certainly prefer the latter. It's a nice dive destination which the country enjoys as a cash cow. We always hope things will get better without ruining it.

Thanks Dandy, I have never used Sidestep before but just set up an account. Hope it helps. That $876 pp from Vegas is nasty to think about!!

This is one subject that really requires lots of time and patience. It helps tremendously to be a planner. I have put together a fun birthday party for hubby at Fantasy Island in April. I started planning last summer specifically because I was able to purchase the airfare for $473 plus tax...the total ended up being a little over $ 500.00. If you wait to book later the price will certainly go up. Probably the best thing to do now is wait until the winter season is over and hope they run some promotions for travel during your time period.

Xmas break is probly the worse time to shop for fares. More people have the bug and the airlines play on that. I hope they come down after school resumes.

Xmas break is probly the worse time to shop for fares. More people have the bug and the airlines play on that. I hope they come down after school resumes.

I think it also depends on where you are looking to go. Right now there are great deals from Denver to Barbados and Cozumel, but the airlines that serve Roatan aren't in that mix.

If and when those airlines choose to discount depending on demand is what we are waiting to see.

Last year I flew into Roatan for $710 from Chicago in Feb. This year I'm flying into Roatan for $580 from Chicago in Jan and I purchased those tickets less than 2 weeks ago. My fourth time to Roatan and I was THRILLED to pay $580.

Back
Top Bottom