Roatan Airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nancy, when did you want to go? Flying from Buffalo is a bit cheaper.

I checked the Continental Airlines website tonight and direct flights from Houston (IAH) to Roatan (RTB) are now $562 + tax...lower than I have noticed lately :D

I checked the Continental Airlines website tonight and direct flights from Houston (IAH) to Roatan (RTB) are now $562 + tax...lower than I have noticed lately :D
How much with tax? I see $612, but when is always the big question as the limited, perishable seats vary so much.

I like Kayak.com for checking fares as airlines have ways of watching you shop and jacking fares. Matrix - ITA Software is also impressive.

Nancy, when did you want to go? Flying from Buffalo is a bit cheaper.

Hi DandyDon,
We are totally open as far as dates, but we are traveling with my 27 month old daughter, so convenience also comes into play when choosing our trip. Driving to Buffalo would not be a good option (car rental, baby car seat, length of drive...), and I've looked at flights from Toronto to Buffalo and we would be paying more with less convenience. Bummer. It could have been interesting.

I've looked at Continental and they all have overnight stops in Huston - such a waste of time.
Can anyone suggest any other airlines that fly into Roatan?

Last edited:
Hi DandyDon,
We are totally open as far as dates, but we are traveling with my 27 month old daughter, so convenience also comes into play when choosing our trip. Driving to Buffalo would not be a good option (car rental, baby car seat, length of drive...), and I've looked at flights from Toronto to Buffalo and we would be paying more with less convenience. Bummer. It could have been interesting.

I've looked at Continental and they all have overnight stops in Huston - such a waste of time.

Delta has a flight from Atlanta.

Fly Sunwing out of Toronto April 11 for $645 return,tax included.

For my trip from LAX to RTB I am looking at $917 on TACA and $862 on TACA both including taxes. Not good.

Hi DandyDon,

Well, I would really suggest leaving the baby with family if possible. Traveling with a baby is a big deal I know, and to Honduras - I wouldn't.

But I understand you plan to do so. Uh, it's a 98 mile drive to Buffalo; why would you want to fly? I've driven further to catch a plane that leaves earlier. True you have to do US Immigrations and Customs but you often have anyway flying if you stop in the US.

You said you were looking at over $1,000 each? $866 each x 3 is a good savings.
Delta has a flight from Atlanta.
How close to Toronto is that?
Fly Sunwing out of Toronto April 11 for $645 return,tax included.
Great fare. She said it was looking like $1,000? :idk:
For my trip from LAX to RTB I am looking at $917 on TACA and $862 on TACA both including taxes. Not good.

I suspect that the airlines are using the current fuel scare to jack prices even tho the flow of oil has not changed. All speculation and control. :mad:

We have taken our little girl to Roatan twice recently. At 7 months old and 2 and a half. We didn't have any issues either time having her there and in fact she had many great experiences on the Island. Enjoy!

Taca fares were down about $50 from three weeks ago when we bought ours. Just under $800 (with tax and fees) from Los Angeles for late June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom