Roatan Airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes that's complicated. I'm starting to see the use of a feature
in Kayak.com where you plug in options such as how many bags
you take, whether you care about checking vs. carry on, weight
of the bags, etc. and have kayak add up the fees and add them
to the total price in the list of flights so it's easier to compare.
Right now it works you to death with all the extra steps figuring
out which ticket is really cheaper. I've been struggling with that
issue the last couple of months analyzing DFW > Whereever
flights comparing AA and Spirit because Spirit is starting a DFW
> FLL flight in May. From what I've seen recently Spirit is more
expensive for a diver if you take a full kit with you like I want to
because of the baggage fees are so different from AA.

Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns but is there a website that shows airfare history...
Sidestep.com used to show those. Sidestep and Kayak have essentially been the same site with different appearances for some time, but I am just now getting use to Kayak since they are phasing out Sidestep. I'm sure it's there somewhere but - I'm dealing with a stomach bug today and not up to searching.
I do hope you have signed up for daily emails and price alerts...?! :cool2:

I was poking around on SunWing's website and found a 'last minute' deal, :wink: in case anyone is interested:

Toronto to Roatan
Departure: Monday, April 18, 2011
7 night all-inclusive at Turquoise Bay
(includes flight) PRICE : $ 795!!!! (+ $300taxes)

I was poking around on SunWing's website and found a 'last minute' deal, :wink: in case anyone is interested:

Toronto to Roatan
Departure: Monday, April 18, 2011
7 night all-inclusive at Turquoise Bay
(includes flight) PRICE : $ 795!!!! (+ $300taxes)
Great! :thumb:

I still wonder why you thot air tickets only would be twice as much for two weeks as for one tho? The airline generally does not care how long you stay... :confused:

Great! :thumb:

I still wonder why you thot air tickets only would be twice as much for two weeks as for one tho? The airline generally does not care how long you stay... :confused:

I travel a good bit and I find the fairs can be changed based on my departure date going and my departure date coming back. Just a change of one day can make a big difference in cost. Whether or not that means the airlines care how long you stay or traveling on a particular day is key.....probably a mixture of both.....it is hard to tell.

I travel a good bit and I find the fairs can be changed based on my departure date going and my departure date coming back. Just a change of one day can make a big difference in cost. Whether or not that means the airlines care how long you stay or traveling on a particular day is key.....probably a mixture of both.....it is hard to tell.
I think that's just a mix of the fares for the dates, not the duration of the trip. If they can hold onto your paid money an extra week before fulfilling your return ticket, it's money in their bank.

She thot they were going to charge her twice as much for staying 2 weeks instead of one. The built in costs for a resort might, but not the plane.

Last edited:
Just a change of one day can make a big difference in cost. .

Obviously your not talking direct flights on Delta as all their direct flights arrive and depart on Saturdays. Continental with their Sat Sunday have never seemed to be much different on one or two days with their Sat/Sun flights. I do know however i get upgraded on Delta more often when staying for a month than friends do when visiting a week or so.

I think that's just a mix of the fares for the dates, not the duration of the trip. If they can hold onto your paid money an extra week before fulfilling your return ticket, it's money in their bank.

She thot they were going to charge her twice as much for staying 2 weeks instead of one. The built in costs for a resort might, but not the plane.

I don't think they are going to charge me twice as much, I KNOW they are.
You can check it out for yourselves on Sunwing.ca
Try booking FLIGHT ONLY for 7 days ($335). Then try it for 14 days ($745).
You'll see that the price is double.
And they only fly IN and OUT on Mondays. So it's NOT a matter of what day of the week we choose because there is only 1 day to choose from.

You'll see that the price is double.
And they only fly IN and OUT on Mondays. So it's NOT a matter of what day of the week we choose because there is only 1 day to choose from.
I should have thot of that earlier. Ok...

7 days: $335 + $300 taxes = $635 RT 7days.JPG (click for larger)

14 days: $685 + $300 taxes = $985 RT 14days.JPG

Now, that is just weird. I apologize for doubting you, but it just made no sense. Neither is precisely twice as much, but close enough to feel that way - before taxes.

My speculation is that such a small, charter airline might charge extra as part of their tight inventory controls, but still - so odd.
thanks

Last edited:

I guess most forgot about the Canadian airline that only runs part time, makes the US carriers look like a dream come true..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom