Roatan Airfares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been watching fares for July on expedia since January. They were about $1300 then, dropped a bit and my buddy and I decided that if they dropped below $1000 we'd buy right away. After being at $1150 for a while, they jumped to $1600 a couple of days ago.:shakehead: ouch. I finally got around to checking the Matrix site DandyDon mentioned, which gave me $1050:shocked2: On a whim I decided to check Continental's website, not expecting a good price, but they come out with $1022. Might book seats at that price tonight, since it might be as low as we're going to find and I'm getting to the point where I'd rather book and find out later that I could have saved a few bucks than wait and not get a seat.

I've been watching fares for July on expedia since January. They were about $1300 then, dropped a bit and my buddy and I decided that if they dropped below $1000 we'd buy right away. After being at $1150 for a while, they jumped to $1600 a couple of days ago.:shakehead: ouch. I finally got around to checking the Matrix site DandyDon mentioned, which gave me $1050:shocked2: On a whim I decided to check Continental's website, not expecting a good price, but they come out with $1022. Might book seats at that price tonight, since it might be as low as we're going to find and I'm getting to the point where I'd rather book and find out later that I could have saved a few bucks than wait and not get a seat.
I know the feeling. Looking last night for additional options to get me to Cozumel for my birthday, I poked around more than usually. I do not trust airline site shopping as they have devious programs to track you and jerk you around on fares, but I did look to see why I was getting such horrible connections that took me to Denver first, then Houston for an overnight? :confused: I do most of my shopping on Kayak.com and their filters will give me 1-stop & no-redeye options, but I looked at simply Amarillo-Houston as a separate ticket: $550! Who are they kidding?! The plane did not have one seat assigned! Ok just maybe some group has most of the seats bought without assigning, but I think it's just sloppy merger management - with the airline merging United and trying to get Texas Panhandle flyers to fly to Denver first, for whatever reason? Maybe just to frustrate us so we will give in and pay more...? :idk:

I used Kayak to check your flights for every day from July 1 to 28, easy to do with +3 day option and 2 tabs open presuming you want to stay a week or longer. It looks like the $1054 fare requires overnight stops both ways. :no: Just pathetic.

Kayak can help you find deals on airport hotels too. I spent a night in a terminal once when I was much younger. It was brutal!
It says it was updated yesterday but I noticed the comments started in 2008. Have to wonder how well he updated, and I noticed some holes - like the top comment: How about the checked bag fees for international flights? Do you have a similar chart? Thanks. by Yvan on Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Some notes are there but not all. Last time I looked, Continental allowed 1 free bag to Latin America and I think Delta allowed 2...?

B.O.H.I.C.A.

Did we ever let go of our ankles? I must have blinked and missed the opportunity.

I used Kayak to check your flights for every day from July 1 to 28, easy to do with +3 day option and 2 tabs open presuming you want to stay a week or longer. It looks like the $1054 fare requires overnight stops both ways. :no: Just pathetic.

Kayak can help you find deals on airport hotels too. I spent a night in a terminal once when I was much younger. It was brutal!

Yeah, we're now looking at a stopover both ways, where we weren't when expedia was showing me an $1150 fare (one of the return options had us arriving at 12:30 or 1 in the morning via Houston and Toronto). Split between the 2 of us, an extra $50/night hotel stay is not a huge pill to swallow, but if the above return option gets cheap again, I'd probably go for it, especially with a 3 hour time difference keeping us awake.

To make things even more fun, I'm also tracking fares to Bonaire in August for a group trip that's find-you-own-way-there, but at least I only have to assess the damage to one wallet for that, not two. :popcorn:

Yeah, we're now looking at a stopover both ways, where we weren't when expedia was showing me an $1150 fare (one of the return options had us arriving at 12:30 or 1 in the morning via Houston and Toronto). Split between the 2 of us, an extra $50/night hotel stay is not a huge pill to swallow, but if the above return option gets cheap again, I'd probably go for it, especially with a 3 hour time difference keeping us awake.

To make things even more fun, I'm also tracking fares to Bonaire in August for a group trip that's find-you-own-way-there, but at least I only have to assess the damage to one wallet for that, not two. :popcorn:
I don't know your dates so I'm not on your page. I went to Flight Quality on one Kayak search and unchecked Redeye. May not be possible.

I don't like overnight stays in a hotel either, but sometimes you have to. I think you are looking at $50/night hotel each per stop.

It never hurts to call the airline, as the phone agents are much more honest than the computers, and buying from them only costs if you find something good to buy.

I don't know your dates so I'm not on your page. I went to Flight Quality on one Kayak search and unchecked Redeye. May not be possible.

I don't like overnight stays in a hotel either, but sometimes you have to. I think you are looking at $50/night hotel each per stop.

It never hurts to call the airline, as the phone agents are much more honest than the computers, and buying from them only costs if you find something good to buy.

July 13(arriving the 14th) - 21. From what I've found, it looks like we can get away with $50/night per stop. I found a couple on expedia for ~$50/night per room (unless I misread) plus tax, including airport shuttle and continental breakfast, and a quick check for the return trip showed similar offerings in Cleveland (I didn't check Newark). I'm crossing my fingers that the Toronto late flight becomes an option, though, partly because it's an airport I'm fairly familiar with, and partly because I'll probably be starting to want to sleep in own bed again by that point.:dork2:

(and thanks for helping with my search. will I owe you a beer or something if you find a better fare than I do and we ever meet somewhere? :wink:)

Sorry I can't help you find better news.

Sorry I can't help you find better news.

Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns but is there a website that shows airfare history, how about weighted for fuel costs, or weighted for anticipated demand such as seasonal events or the football superbowl.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom